Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

22 February, 2010

St Valentine’s Day Card

I made this card on the day, 14th February! You might call it a 'Just in time' card.




I used hammered white card stock, 14cm x 28cm to make a 14cm square card.
To create the background layers, I started with metallic red paper, 12cm x 12cm, then Japanese striped paper, chosen to feature red and gold, 11cm x 11cm. I added white hammered card, 9cm x 9cm, swiped and brushed with light red chalk ink.

The feature is two die-cut hearts cut with a Slice machine in gloss card. I embossed them with a Cuttlebug folder with one reversed so that it is recessed and they are swiped with chalk ink then polished when dry. I edged both of then with gold Krylon pen.

I like how it turned out, and so did person I gave it to. :-)

Miles of smiles,
Ros.

No comments: