Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

31 July, 2010

A New Stamp and CC Challenge #5

This is a 'tent' card that grew as I worked on it. I decided on the Shabby Chic technique in combination with a new stamp of babushka dolls and a clear stamp, 'Dare to be Different' that I've had for ages.




I used black soot DI on the tag, then clear embossed the dolls on an angle. I applied white acrylic paint in accordance with the technique, then decided to add some gold over the top since the black was very heavy. You can see the gold in the large view of the photo. I then used the "Dare to be different" clear stamp on the card, and created an extra babushka doll embossed with fine detail gold, and painted with Twinkling H2O water colours. The tag is out-lined with gold Krylon, and the ribbons for the tag are from one of my bits and pieces boxes.

I think it's got potential for some variations on the theme...more to come that are not so dark and contrasty.

Smiles,
Ros.

2 comments:

Deanna Cosgrove said...

This is just too cute. That stamp set is adorable. Love how you just colored in one of them and clear embossed the rest.

Judy Wood said...

VERY sweet! love your images.