Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

30 November, 2010

WOYWW - What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday.

I've never joined this WOYWW Group but it's very active and I do enjoy looking at other folks' messy desks. Of course, they aren't always so, and neither is everyone a messy worker but there are enough of us to make me more comfortable with the creative frenzy that awakens the Angel of Mess.

Very tasteful...complete with revolting purple cushion but I love this space.
The Wednesday photo record is also a great way to keep some sense of the passage of time and what I do in this space. It's as though the trail of paper drawers, tools, and materials is a map of today's activity. I'm amused to survey it as it reaches way beyond the confines of my desk to the table, the computer desk, the open desk drawers, the photocopier, the floor - anything that is reasonably horizontal.

I think levitation would be a great skill to develop.

2 comments:

Carole Meisenhelter said...

and it happens to us all, stamping and cardmaking and paper-crafts in general do seem to require 'mess' to see us get through our projects. It means we're on a roll I think and for creativity, that's a good thing.

Julia Dunnit said...

ooh Ros, welcome to WOYWW! How lovely to see your room - that big old window makes it more like a garden room! I love that the Angel of Mess seems so comfortable,it all looks inspiring and familiar to me - and the purple cushion - not so revolting!!