Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

18 January, 2011

A Tick on the Bucket List

Y'know that list of things you want to do before you kick the bucket? Well I just put a tick on that list.

I bought a motor bike! It's red!!!


My new postie bike - Honda CT110 outside the shop

I have wanted one for years and years, and last Summer I had a push bike with an electric motor powered with a rechargeable battery. It was a joy to ride but bit by bit, its performance has deteriorated and now, it's a heap of expensive junk that doesn't go anywhere. I must add that walking long distances is diminishing these days because of arthritic pain of one kind or another.

What I have purchased is what we call in Australia, a Postie bike. The postal delivery is done on these small, tough motor bikes. Now that I no longer live in the city, I want a motorised bicycle to take me to the village for milk, the beach for a swim, or the Estuary to take photos. I'm so excited about delivery next Thursday and then getting my Learners Permit the following day.

As they say, you won't see me for dust.
Ros.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh, wow! Love your postie bike and that you, too, have a 'bucket list' - I used to call mine 'The Labours of Elizabeth' until the film was released but it amounts to the same thing, a wish list of things to do before I curl up my toes :) It started with learning to drive some 30 years ago when I was in my thirties and I've ticking off ever since. This year we are going to do the rail trip from Fort William to Mallaig, aka The Hogwarts Express, the one that goes over the fabulous Glenfinnan viaduct so that will be another tick for us. It sounds as though you are going to have terrific fun now that you can get around more easily. Elizabeth x

Carole Meisenhelter said...

...somehow I missed t his post until now Ros. Wow, what fun to go riding your new bike. Am sure that will be a somewhat challenging and exhilarating experience; have fun!