Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

27 January, 2011

WOYWW No. 86.

It's Australia Day today and lots of folks are driving around with flags on their cars. One of my favourite singers was given an award and generally there is a sense of national pleasure and of course, continuing debate about whether to become a republic or not. I have a house guest staying and we're eating in so we can see the tennis and avoid the cops after a glass or two with dinner. We had T-bone steaks on the barbecue, a monumental salad, and a deep velvet Coonawarra shiraz, 2002. Just bliss on a stick!!!

What's on my workdesk today is not particularly inspiring really - rather more of the same as last week. I was showing my visitor the little compressor and how I've used it with alcohol inks. The interesting thing I discovered is that this technique of chasing the ink around the gloss card to make "splats" is much better on cheap card.

Splendid Splatters, Copic refills, Inchies to play with.

Someone gave me some card which didn't work too well with the felt applicators because it isn't clay coated gloss. When I played around with ink droplets on the cheap stuff, they went everywhere in tiny rivulets because they took longer to dry, and they're quite interesting. In the photo I used Adirondack Butterscotch, Espresso, and Stonewashed.

You see? It's no wonder we're all hoarders. You never know when something you think is inferior will be just the ticket!!! If you want to see more workspaces, visit the good Mrs Dunnit who is the epicentre of Workdesks.

You will also notice in the top left corner a bag of new purchases including some inch squares in different colours. Really I don't care about the colours and will probably cover them but I have another interest at the moment about Inchies. Have you seen "all in an inch"? I love some of the things here. I'm also refilling some of my Copic pens without the little tweezers - very painstaking.

Happy days,
Ros.

11 comments:

Carole Meisenhelter said...

Hi Ros! Your Australia Day sounds simply divine. Your house-guest would've enjoyed to the hilt I'm sure. Inchies yes I know of them; will check out the site you linked to. Look forward to your 'inchies' on display some way, some how too.

Julia Dunnit said...

Steak, salad, shiraz, absolutely marvellous way to spend Australia Day. Love the background you've created..you're quite right about the hoarding..I recommend it myself!

Tina Gilmore said...

Hi Ros, i'm new to Woyww and i love it, had great fun looking around everyone's desk. Mmmmmm...that Shiraz sounds heavenly!!!! Loving your splendid splatters! (#159)

MaggieC said...

Just the thought of being able to have a barbecue and warm weather makes me feel jealous. Never heard of inchies before. Must look that up.

Marjo said...

Oh looks like a fun project. I can taste the goodies too...lol Thanks for the peek and sharing. Hugs, Marjo #7

Chrissie said...

Have a great time making your inchies, such fun, that's an interesting background coming along too!
Chrissie #5

Tracey Brossart said...

Very interesting project, looks like fun!

I have blog candy on my blog if you would like to take a peek!
BrossArt Addiction's Blog Candy!!

Happy be-lated WOYWW and
Thanks for sharing! :D

ƸӜƷ...x♥Tracey♥x...ƸӜƷ

Minxy said...

Loving your splats, i really must invest in some compressed air in a can!
thanks for the peek and happy belated WOYWW to you.
Thanks for visiting me
Minxy #1

Elizabeth said...

Hi Ros, your Australia day sounds perfect to me. Love your experimental splats. I have only recently discovered inchies and I'm intrigues so will take a peak at the link you've posted. Elizabeth #60

Christine said...

Thanks for your visit and I've popped over to see your cats and I see them in the sidebar pictures - they are lovely, cats always find the most unusual places to sleep! :-)

Morti said...

Mmmmm - a barbecue. I think we'd get frostbite if we tried that here! Nice to see your serendipity on your desk......