Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

06 January, 2011

WOYWW - What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday, first for the New Year

This is my first contribution to WOYWW although I have been following the posts during the year. I have become familiar with some of the people here and their work which is most inspiring. Apart from the interest and pleasure, I think it will be a happy discipline to do this each week, regardless of whether I post something.

This week, my desk is a New Year desk. It's been tidied (although you may not know that from this photo) and all the dust devils have gone. I'm catching up with my art journal for the last month or so of activity. What you see is the journal on the left hand side with Christmas card experiments showing their development and what I learned along the way - both the fern design and the seagull.


Journal and latest experiments waiting to be written up.

There's a sample of gift wrap that I created with plain gold paper and air-brushed Copic inks onto it using Tim Holtz Fence and Branch Tree Alterations die-cuts as masks. It was much admired but I must confess that it's not a good use of expensive inks when it goes directly to the recycled rubbish bin (except this bit that I rescued).

At the bottom on the right of the photo, there is a little boab tree which I had thought could be fun for Christmas. The boab is done with Distress EP, the background air-brushed and the star is faux enamelled brass. I didn't use it in the end but might take that a bit further for something else.

Finally, the label-maker is in evidence and everything that escaped through the year is being 'branded' you might say!

Happy and creative 2011 to all,
Ros.

21 comments:

MaggieC said...

You have some lovely designs there on your desk. I am glad I am not the only one busy labelling everything that stays still. It may be your first post but at least you made it on the right day, not like me. I look forward to seeing more of yourclever ideas. Happy New Year.

Elizabeth said...

Hello Ros, lots of lovely items on your desk. Love your journal and your stamps. Dust devils - I think they might be what we call them dust bunnies. I've never seen a boab tree but I like what you've done with it. I'm off to have a peek at your other posts and look at your projects. Elizabeth #76

Vicki B in OP NY said...

Welcome Ros. Your designs are so beautiful and unique. I'm so happy that you have joined in with WOYWW. Isn't it wonderful to find that there are so many others from around th world that share your passion! I adore your work with Copic markers and airbrush. It is unique and gorgeous. Lucky are those who receive cards from you - they are true works of art. Thanks for stopping by to meet Ophelia! Hugs, Vicki A Little Inkling

Vicki B in OP NY said...

PS what darling cats - I love that they each have a job title and description. You are too funny ;)

RosA said...

Hi RosC, You've got some lovely creative stuff happening there! This is my first post too for WOYWW. And the cats are gorgeous too! RosA (in Sydney, NSW)

Tertia said...

WOW! You have got some interesting stuff on your desk. I love that wrapping paper, but i must admit you are right, it would break my heart if it was thrown in the trash.
Welcome to WOYWW, hope to see you every week.
Tertia 122

MaggieC said...

By the way, I love the design of your blog, so clean, fresh and springlike - OH boy, we could do with some spring over here.

RosC said...

Thank you all for your lovely comments. Although I've been doing this for a few months, I haven't let many people know, so it's really a great pleasure to have you here.
Miles of smiles,
RosC.
PS fun to have Ros x2, one just outside Melbourne and the other in Sydney.

Carole Meisenhelter said...

nice to see you back on deck Ros; your work space looks most productive; your visual diary is most orderly too.

Susan Allan said...

The Boab tree is very beautiful and you have lots of interesting designs on show. Home-made paper is too good to throw away....ask for it back next year!!!
Sue xx 50

I don't know why, but if feels amazing to be talking to someone who lives in Australia..a place we probably all dream of....due to its diverse environments, I suppose.
See you next week
Sue xx (number 50)

Marjo said...

Welcome to WOYWW! My kinda desk! Busy and productive. Thanks for the peek and sharing. Hugs, Marjo #23 Psst you will be addicted in no time..lol

Serendipity Stamping said...

Wow what a lot of great projects and designs!! My hat is off to you. Welcome to WOYWW! #95

Spyder said...

Oh what fabulous designs you have on your desk, and still soooo tidy! Welcome to WOYWW! (sorry I'm late, I'm a slow reader and even slower typer!
Happy New Year Happy WOYWW!
((Lyn))

Rhonda said...

Hi Ros! I really like your art journal! That's something I've been meaning to do is get back into doing an art journal. I like the sea gull with the sailboats in the background. Very Nice desk! Happy WOYWW! #11

——>Katie Bolinger said...

what lovely little cards

Tracey Brossart said...

Welcome to WOYWW! It certainly is therapeutic to join in every week and has become kinda addicting for me...lol! You have some absolutely gorgeous projects going on your desk and I love your journal! Wish you can throw some of your mojo my way...lol!

Thanks for the peek! :D

♥Tracey♥...ƸӜƷ

Susan Allan said...

It is such fun making journals...really love the fern images.
Sue xx 67

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh glad you decided to join in! Welcome to WOYWW. Your desk is a creative glory. Love the leaves and the colours. And then there's the subliminal organising - the label maker and all....

Nicky said...

Wow love your art and your journal - colours are amazing - love it all ~ Nicky 45

okienurse said...

Awesome journal. I wish I could be so organized. Love all the colors! Very busy work space.

Kezzy said...

Wow wow so much to look at and great inspiration, I love the journal idea. This is also my first week of contributing.