This week, my desk is a New Year desk. It's been tidied (although you may not know that from this photo) and all the dust devils have gone. I'm catching up with my art journal for the last month or so of activity. What you see is the journal on the left hand side with Christmas card experiments showing their development and what I learned along the way - both the fern design and the seagull.
|Journal and latest experiments waiting to be written up.|
There's a sample of gift wrap that I created with plain gold paper and air-brushed Copic inks onto it using Tim Holtz Fence and Branch Tree Alterations die-cuts as masks. It was much admired but I must confess that it's not a good use of expensive inks when it goes directly to the recycled rubbish bin (except this bit that I rescued).
At the bottom on the right of the photo, there is a little boab tree which I had thought could be fun for Christmas. The boab is done with Distress EP, the background air-brushed and the star is faux enamelled brass. I didn't use it in the end but might take that a bit further for something else.
Finally, the label-maker is in evidence and everything that escaped through the year is being 'branded' you might say!
Happy and creative 2011 to all,