Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

15 February, 2011

Just in Time for Valentine

Well, I've been playing with the whole idea of no hearts and using birds for St Valentine's Day. Started with the baby wrens stamp which was on the desk last Wednesday, however I decided against that because two's company but three's a crowd. Can't have crowds on St V's Day! It's a lovely stamp and I'll play with it some more, later. The other thing was the alcohol inks just didn't work for this project so, whilst I love the colours, that background is destined for something else. The new background is some hammered white card that I found in the scrap box, swiped with pale blue and waiting to be used.

Valentine's Blue bird.
I have a cling stamp called "Chickadee" by Stampendous which looks like a scruffy kookaburra chick to me. I embossed the design with Judikins Rustique Bronze and painted the chick blue to make it a bluebird of happiness. I inked a rather Japanese style Artee "Blossom"  stamp with Marvy Markers, and it's all come together with the help of masking, Twinkling H2O water colour, and some DI edging for the card stock. The last thing was to matt the piece on burgundy metallic card and placed it on white hammered card stock.

Just made it in time and quite pleased with the result - no hearts and lots of Heart. :-)
Ros.

2 comments:

Carole Meisenhelter said...

your Valentines card is a sweet-heart card. Shame that your wrens couldn't make it there but I look forward to seeing them come to fruition on another day; I love wrens. The blossom stamp is really pretty too.

Jenny said...

Finally got a chance to check up on some blogs - love your new look - very calming. And that bread and jam. WOW! Love this card, very sweet. Jenny B xox