Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

10 February, 2011

WOYWW No. 88.

Hello again everyone. Late as blazes again. One day I'll be in the top ten!!!
On the workdesk again and thinking about St Valentine's Day cards. Well that means pink, and I'm having a revolt against hearts, but sticking with pink just to see how it might work. Maybe I'll put hearts inside the card with the message. Queen of Desks Julia Dunnit, has a long list of desks for you to travel around so drop over there to see what adventures you might share.

I've put three pics up today showing different views and different focus...


The desk is an island in a sea of things needed instantly
This is my general creative melee! You can see sundry drawers of Marvy Matchables and pens of many  sorts. Under the desk is the Scor-It which is a favourite tool. The desk drawer has no access to its contents, but it has plenty of stuff sitting on top of it! Craft Stamper magazine, folder of unmounted stamps, journal and so forth.

A closer look at the desk activities

I've been playing with alcohol inks to create pink and gold background using watermelon, cranberry, and currant inks with blending solution and some gold mixitive. In the centre you can see the next step using a sweet stamp called 'Baby Wrens' with Staz-On blue. I added some colour with Copic pens and the blender but its not very pronounced. I used a mask (sitting at the top right of my work pad) to stamp Blossoms as a simple background for the wrens. As an experiment, I used Copic 'Garnet' to ink the stamp. Was not sure whether it would stay damp enough but it worked quite well. More to do with this design I think but so far it's quite pretty.

A slightly wider view of tools and work

On the iPad is a wonderful mind mapping app called iThought. I use it for brain-storning ideas or recording ideas from magazines and so forth. It's the first computer based mind mapping program I've found to be as efficient as pen and paper. Hope you enjoy this peep as much as I enjoy visiting as many of you as I can.

Warm wishes to those who are snowed in and disaffected by the weather as well as everyone flooded and floundering in mud.
Ros.


18 comments:

Sue said...

Hi ya
lovely creative desk, fab crafty space, lovely colours on your creation,, have great day, happy WOYWW, sue,x (11)

Julia Dunnit said...

Hey Ros, your desk is indeed an island - just been chatting to another WOYWWer about the calm that ensues when she settles in and crafts..great analogy. I'm a long time fan of Marvy matchables; every time I pull the shelf out to select, the lovely stacked colour edges make me smile! So girly, what's that at back, just behind the blue Stazon please? It looks like a v v electronic tape dispenser!

Shaz in Oz. said...

Hi there Rods thanks for popping over and so glad dad found your mum's ring... methinks I need t o count my Nesties as I use them, PLUS also pull the bits of cardboard off them as soon as cut and embossed as that was why it went in all I could see was the black cardboard around it!
Love the colours you are play with there!
thanks for sharing,
Shaz in oz.x

Shaz in Oz. said...

Oops so sorry Ros for the Typo up them should proof read more closely! X

olive said...

wow, so you have an ipad, arent you posh then!!!!! I'm looking to get a tablet instead (or should I say OH) maybe I could use that. Its a great idea Ros..... love the chaos on your desk, obviously a creative brain at work. Thanks for sharing.... send us some sunshine, pls. Hugs Olive xxx

MaggieC said...

I have had so many hassles with ITunes that i now refuse to have anything to do with anything related to "i" anything. ITunes is one of the most unfriendly programs I have ever come across, and they are expensive compared with other music download stores. Having said that, that program sounds interesting. Your desk looks so well organised with loads of things for us all to see. Thank you for the peak and thanks for popping to see mine and leaving such a lovely comment.

Elizabeth said...

Hi Ros, I can see you've been really experimental with that card - I get your point about hearts, they seem to be everywhere just now. My daughter started using mind mapping softwarea at college and found it indispensable, it wasn't around when I was at uni unfortunately so I relied very much on a legal pad and pencil. Maybe I should investigate further. Thanks for sharing and thanks for becoming a follower, hope I can keep bringing you interesting posts. Elizabeth x #79

Nicky said...

Love your desk and the colours of the bit you are working on - lots of intereting stash - I too love the scor it and I would love to come play on the ipad but will just have to cope with my iphone for now ~ Nicky no. 9

Rebekah said...

Ooo love everything here esp your ipad! I wish I could leave my things at hand but I have to put it all away due to small hands ready to ruin everything at a moments notice! Hugs Rebekah (66) xxx

RosA said...

Hi RosC, Glad you like the ATCs! Your desk looks like some nice work is happening. I've been haunting the newsagent for the last couple of days waiting for Craft Stamper to come in. It should be there today, hooray!

Carola Bartz said...

I like your WIP, the colors are stunning and the stamps are so beautiful.
Thank you SO much for your thoughtful comment on my post about Katie - it means a lot to me.

Katie said...

iPad for mapping ideas! How cool is that! Thanks for sharing your desk!

Christine said...

I've just viewed your lovely cats, Pumpkin is stunning and the others are all lovely too! I don't use my Slice often enough, naughty really as I've bought quite a few design cards! I like it though and will keep it for those odd occasions. Have a good week :-)

Marianne@RuffHaven said...

Oooh you have a window! Forget the iPad . forget the inks and toys. I envy your window.
My regular workspce is in a basement without a window. sigh. so I usually haul things up to the kitchen ...( that really bugs the hubby )
now back to that iPad...I have been resisting ....but the iThought does sound interesting.

butlersabroad said...

Lol, nothing left to be said about that desk that hasn't been said already!! Love the box of inks, but I really don't think I want my mind mapped thank you!!

Hugs
Brenda 89

okienurse said...

WOW! Love all the windows and all the natural light! Nice work space and lots of goodies to work with. Thanks for sharing.

vickie

Jovita said...

What a neat app you have for you iPad. Looks like you have a lot of creating happening and with that big window you must have great lightning.

Kathy said...

wow, what a creative workspace this looks - thank for sharing!