Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

16 February, 2011

WOYWW swings around for No 89.

On the way to choir practice last night there were more dragon flies than I ever recall seeing at once. They were just beautiful, hovering and zooming, large and small.  I wonder whether the good rains have meant that many more dragonflies have hatched and survived.  And I must mention that the sunset over the sea was rivetingly colourful with wonderous clouds creating gorgeous patterns.

Dragonflies design. Label stamp for the plum jam. :-)

Well the image of dragonflies and their lovely flitting and fleeting lives hasn't left me alone. I went scouting around my stash for the right foliage stamps and also picked up a lovely stamp at Bellbird Paper Arts on my trip to town this week.  I also purchased the embossing folder of dragonflies but haven't tried it yet. Putting the imagined idea onto my scrap paper pad was today's activity and with the composition frames around it, I'm happy with the start. I'm really looking forward to deciding on which techniques to play with.

You may notice the stamp "Made in my Kitchen" for The Plum Jam which is delicious, and lovely to give away to a couple of friends.

If you'd like to join the desk-hoppers who hover around Julia Dunnit's Stamping Ground, just follow the link.

Tonight the night air is gentle and warm, the garden is full of crickets and the banjo frogs in the neighbour's pond are plonking away to their hearts' content. It rained a little and made the earth smell delicious so we had a drink on the terrace before dinner to take it all in. How beautiful is this blue planet that we travel upon.

Miles of smiles,
Ros.

17 comments:

Carole Meisenhelter said...

sounds like the perfect day Ros' and I'm looking forward to seeing your dragonfly creation come to fruition too; have fun with it!

Shaz in Oz. said...

This is numero uno here, Ros!!(yes, I did Latin - did you???)maybe it is also in another lingo?
Did not quite believe I had hit it, as usually it changes every week when I clock on and thought it would again today!!

and oh, Ros, do so love your dragonflies card and colours you are playing around there, plus your visual image of words with which you begin your post...and I always think of Uralla when I was about 6 and was riveted by the dragonflies at our local creek, which seemed like it was long way from our house but I think in reality it was only a block or so away!
Thanks for your lovely words on my blog,
Shaz in Oz.xxx

MaggieC said...

That is such a pretty design, so delicate. but I am so jealous when you talk about seeing dragonflies last night and the weather being warm. It is so cold and damp here. Roll on summer.

S said...

Lovely to see dragonflies, I think I remember similar last week. S #106

RosA said...

Hi Ros, I love that background stamp, sort of a fern or a leaf? Doesn't matter, it's fabulous! I spy that insect cube ... I have that one too, it's one of my favourite ones. And speaking of cube stamps I spent ages this morning looking for all my cube stamps. (I was after the crackle background one.) I had tidied them away before Christmas, into a room where they would not normally be!

Carola Bartz said...

I love what I see here, Ros. Your stamping is so beautiful, I love this image of the dragonflies and the gorgeous plants.

jude said...

I just love dragonflies thats where i first got my craft buisness name from"Dragonflie crafts".As i adore them they are beautiful i would have loved to have seen them.Talking of beautiful so is your creation will have to pop back see the finished project.Happy Woyww hugs judex22

Elizabeth said...

Hello Ros, Enjoy visiting your blog and admiring your work so please pop along to my blog: http://silverscrappers.blogspot.com where an award awaits you. Elizabeth x

butlersabroad said...

What a beautiful post Ros, you make me want to come and visit Australia!

Hugs
Brenda 100

Ciara said...

Your corner of the planet really does sound beautiful! Your dragon fly design is very pretty and you have some lovely stamps on your desk.

Ellie was delighted to hear your comments on her whiskers ;-)

Julia Dunnit said...

YOu paint an enticing picture Ros...the weather sounds truly marvellous. Love that the prevailing weather has caused nature to be your inspiration - those images are lovely together.

Victoria said...

a lovely desk thank you so much for visiting me x

Nicky said...

Lovely discribition of your part of the world - and love the creation on your desk beautiful ~ Nicky no.6

Sam said...

When can I fly out there to join you. I have a passion for Dragonflies but we dont get to see them here in South Wales (UK). Love your work and thanks for leaving me a comment on my blog.

Sam aka Hettie @ 145

Shazsilverwolf said...

I'm still making my way round desks, lol! Have to fit it around shift work. The dragonflies image is gorgeous, thank you for your lovely comments on mine too.Looking forward to dragonfly season over here!

Fiona Whitehead said...

Those images look lovely - I'm also jealous of the talk of warm evenings and the sound of the crickets - I used to live in Texas and do miss the evening sounds now we're back in cold old Blighty!

karen said...

I love that real life dragonflies have inspired you to make your beautiful card! The colours on your card are gorgeous! Can't wait to see the finished product!
Thanks for visiting me!
xoxo Karen