Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

16 March, 2011

WOYWW No 93 - 16th March.

This is the regular Wednesday Round-up of the Desks. If you wonder what it's about, do follow this link to the best Desk Collector in the business, Julia Dunnit.

Now about my desk today - not much I fear because yesterday was my birthday and the celebrations have continued today. I did start to organise my stamps, prompted by Elizabeth last week. The Paperific Show in Melbourne is coming up in two weeks and I don't intend to be caught buying duplicates!! I have started to create an A4 folder of all my stamps with the location noted because I keep the unmounted stamps in A5 size files as shown, and wood mounted stamps in stationery drawers. Need a map of the territory.

Unmounted stamp storage; little birthday book.

You can also see a little project for my step grand-daughter's birthday. It's the little book that is folded from one sheet of 12"x12" paper. It's not new but you can find it on Tim Holtz' blog and also Caroline's 'ish' blog

I've also been playing with a couple of sets of inchies by Inkadinkadoo that I found on my organising spree. This afternoon I was just stamping on scrap card and trimming to size. You can also see some clear plastic pieces that will be interesting to place over the inchy designs and perhaps alter with alcohol inks. Some of them are plain squares and others are faux postage shapes. You might also notice that I recently found another dragonfly.


Playing with inchies - I've found my Inkadinkadoo sets.
That's it for now. Must leap into bed as I have an early appointment in the morning and must be in my right mind.

Miles of smiles,
Ros.

19 comments:

Theresa said...

Happy Birthday RosC! Neat way to organize. Have fun with the inchies - they're addictive and fast!

Elizabeth said...

Many Happy Returns Ros, I hope you had a lovely day. I may have inspired you to catalogue your stamps but my cataloguing is making slow progress. I keep stopping by a stamp to make another card :) The little notebook looks like a great wee gift idea and I'm always looking for them. Will watch out to see what you do with the inchies. See you have a cuppa going too - can't work without one :) Elizabeth x #74

Lionelsa said...

Happy birthday! I wish you be happy!
I like how you organize the stamps.

Karen said...

Belated birthday greetings for yesterday. Love the stamps you have used on your inchies, they are looking good!
Have a great WOYWW,
Karen #73

Helen said...

Happy Birthday! You sound very organised with your stamps. The inchies look fab!

voodoo vixen said...

Happy Birthday for yesterday and today if the festivities have continued!! Everyone is organising their stamp collections, wonder if it is a sign of spring and people feel like tidying up and getting sorted? I have a couple of folders done but the rest are in a big drawer and now you organised peeps are making me feel guilty!! LOL Annette #5

Sheila said...

Happy Birthday! Hope your day is wonderful.

I've never played with inchies, but after seeing this, I may have too.


Sheila #26

Wipso said...

I'm having a really busy week but am quickly dropping by to make sure all our WOYWW friends get the chance to win the last of our weekly draws before the BIG one over in our blog shop. Pop over and join in the fun. Good luck.
Hugs,
A x
http://sisterscraftycreations.blogspot.com/

Carola Bartz said...

Happy belated birthday to you!!! Good for you that the celebrations are going on.I love what's on your desk this week.

RosA said...

Hi Ros, Happy Birthday for the other day! Hope you had a special day. Thanks for your kind comments on my blog. I love those inchies. I have the cat ones but the ones you have look lovely. There must be something in the air, I've been reorganising my stamp collection too!

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Glad you had a lovely extended birthday Ros and re your closing comment..I am glad someone is in the right mind sometimes..
I fear I never am.. my family have quite given up on me... ha!! that's the crazy arty one..
ah well sometimes I do come down to earth with a thud! am running sadly late this week too mcuh on and not enough time glad to hear your getting organised ..I have it on my list .. lower down than you,
love Shaz in Oz.xx

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Oh and Ros the pastels coloured thing is my set of Dovecraft chalks I mention and used on the house mouse with Promarkers have decided I really like this combo as much softer mixture.
Shaz in oz.x

Sam said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I love the "Ish" blog too - very good place for inspiration!! Like what you are stamping!

Minxy said...

Happy belated birthday :D
It's kinda nice when your having a sort out to re-discover stash you forgot you had, have fun playing :D
stay inky
hugs Minxy #28

Julia Dunnit said...

Happy Returns Ros, sorry I'm late! I LOVE the UM stamps you have on show on the right, they're gorgeous. I'm pretty impressed by your storage too - haven't cracked it for mine yet. Ilike the plastic cover thingies for the inchies, not seen those..that certainly makes them a little more interesting, huH!

MaggieC said...

Happy Belated Birthday. I wish I had got my stamps sorted as well as you. I keep meaning to catalogue them but time keeps vanishing. Well done to you for completing the task. Thanks for your visit and lovely message.

Shazsilverwolf said...

Love your work, and I really like the idea of overlaying on the inchies. I shall be remembering that. Or probably not, unless I jot it down, lol. Shaz #148

oneoff said...

Great ideas there, and I love that folded book. As I'm so late to the party, I still need to wish you a happy belated birthday. Hope you had even more fun!

Bernie x

SueH said...

I have just been to visit Dixie and Pumpkin (with Bo Jangles looking over my shoulder) and have to say what a couple of cuties they both are. Bo wants to know if they are they free for a date if he can find his way to Australia!

Your desk is looking very interesting with all those little inchies. I brought a set while I was on holiday in February but they are Christmas ones so they’ll not be used for a while yet.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a message.
Happy Crafting!
Sue
X