Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

23 March, 2011

WOYWW no. 94 - 23rd March.

I can't believe we're nearly a quarter of the way through the year. The full moon the other night was just huge and glorious. It wouldn't be too far-fetched to say I was over the moon about it, being the closest it gets to this part of the Earth in quite a long period. That was a shocker...

Well  down to WOYWW business and looking around desks of artists connected with Julia Dunnit at Stamping Ground. I like to think of her as the Desk Collector. Hop over there and enjoy the journey.


Zoom in on the Dine lid to see the dragonflies!! Maybe.
Notice the Holtz cogs at the back, and the lavender which is plentiful now.
This week on the desk is a continuation of the inchies exploration that I started last week plus some experimenting with the foil from the cats' dinner containers. There are two kinds of foil. The lids which peel off are quite light weight and mat finish, whereas the containers are slightly heavier and shiny. They need quite a bit of care in the cleaning - it would be no good to give someone a card that had something fishy about it! LOL
A woman's work is never done.

This little feature below is the light mat foil embossed in the Big Shot, then inked with Ranger alcohol inks - sailboat blue and citrus. I trimmed it with guillotine then rounded the corners with the dear old Carl corner punch I've had for years. Note: the Zutter punches are great with thick card but they jam on aluminium.

Robin from the Inkadinkadoo Spring set.
 
I put the bird inchy in the centre - I think I can improve on it, but it goes with the embossing. It is covered with clear crackle paint, and then I out-lined the bird with a fine calligraphy pen so save it from being antique bland.

Well that's it for another week. Looking forward to visiting as many folks as possible. There are now so many that I've adopted the idea of dropping in on every fifth link plus my followers and the folk I follow. Over time I hope to see pretty much everyone. Full of admiration for some who are always there including, of course, Julia D.

Bliss-ings all,
Ros.

27 comments:

Sam said...

Oooo! Loving your inchies! I should have popped over to you when I was making mine for Sir Tim!
Thanks for visiting and your kind words. I think the secret is to do each section in one go rather than trying to complete a card in sections. Last night I was on a roll!
I tried to go to every desk last week but failed. Like you I went to my followers, my followed first and maybe I will try your every 5!! We will be following each other!! LOL!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

OOO I just adore that foil colouring there.. can see am going to have invest in some more inks but do have some to have a play with and that is just what I am going to do Ros.. watch this space.. have an order for male card and want to do coloured foil on it so time will tell will tell if I do it..
love Shaz in Oz.xx

Karen said...

I love the metal inchies, they are stunning!! I bet the lavender smells lovely, it looks nice & colourful :)
Have a Happy WOYWW.
Karen xxx

Jenny said...

Whoever thought that cat food would be good for something other than food for cats. Amazing! It just goes to show us that you should never throw anything out. Well ... maybe some things .... no don't .... just in case .... Love the embossing and alcohol inks. Hugz Jenny B. x

Victoria said...

beautiful work I adore lavender too happy woyww

Jo Davies said...

Wonderful foil work what fab idea to use the cat food tins...thanks for sharing Jo (51) xxx

MaggieC said...

It is incredible what crafters will find to use next. i would never have thought of cat food packs, but they seem to work beautifully. That embossing is really great. I think my new system will have to be to start on number 2 on the list and visit every fifth from then on, plus anyone who visits me. We will see how that works this week. Thank you for your lovely comment. I really appreciate it.

Rebekah said...

Gorgeous work love the stunning green colours! Enjoying the mooch hugs Rebekah xx 57

Franka Benjaminsen said...

What a great idea to use the tins of catfood. I feel sorry that our cat tins are round. Maybe I should take another type. Hope my cat likes them...
I love your colours. Feels like spring!!!
Bye Franka

Elaine aka Quixotic said...

LOVE your project! Looks gorgeous. :)

~Elaine http://quixoticcards.com/

Doone said...

why was i not a follower? I am now...and the cat is going to be fed from those 'tin type' things not the pouches from now on...

Dx

sasa said...

Wow - now all cat loving crafters will be in the clouds - fab idea!

Thanks for sharing today, enjoy yourself...


Sasa at 12 (Sarah)

http://blueboxbabe.blogspot.com/

Becky said...

What a clever, crafty idea! :) Becky 116

Twiglet said...

That is really lovely - super colours!
If you haven't already, then please pop over to our blog shop and get your name down in the BIG celebration draw.

http://sisterscraftycreations.blogspot.com/

Good luck
Jo

butlersabroad said...

Great recycling going on there Ros, love how the foil lid turned out! I used kitchen foil on a card this week, quite like how it came out,posted it yesterday if you'd like a look!

Hugs
Brenda 84

Cauliflower Cupcake said...

I love tese foil inchies! I haven't really come across these before will have to come back and view in more detail or ponder over you tube!!
Take Care
Happy WOYWW
Rebecca (32) xx

Kim Dellow said...

Fabulous, Fabulous bit of recycling. Lovely! Kim

Carolyn Phillips said...

That is a gorgeous project. If a big shot can emboss like that then I really must look at getting one!
I have only joined woyww this last few weeks, but I am finding that go to the people I follow via my blog reader and then each day click on lots of random people off the list on Julia's blog to see who I can discover, then towards the end of the week I go to anyone who has visited me that I haven't visited any other way.

Dragon said...

So glad you visited me today and thanks for your comment. I love your desk and the fishy foil is a splendid idea!! Did you see my kittens further down the blog?? They are coming up 16 days now and so adorable
Frankie
xx

RosA said...

His Ros, That's a fabulous use of the kitty food containers! I don't have any kitties (boo hoo) I will just have to keep saving the champagne wrappers!

Carola Bartz said...

I am fascinated by your use of the cat food tins. You are so creative! The project with the birds and alcohol inks looks stunning - I especially like this color combination. Very beautiful.
Thank you so much for your visit to my blog and your nice words. I completely agree with you about the soil.

Roban Studio said...

Now this is a great idea! It looks awesome. What would one use if one didn't have a cat? And how do you do that lovely embossing? Happy WOYWW :-)

The Crafty Elf said...

It's amazing what you can do with things around the house. Good for you! Lovely work too!!!

Minxy said...

Great bit of recycling, looks fab all decorated up :D
StAy InKy
hUgS MiNxY x

okienurse said...

Very nice card! Love the recycling part of this and wished I had thought of it myself. Thanks for sharing. Vickie #162

SDCrafts said...

The embossed foil is most effective...much better than a cat food tin looks!

Been poorly so short & sweet this week
Shirl #38 again!

Ali said...

Oh wow! What a gorgeous idea to use the foil in that way... it's a stunning effect. I might be stealing that idea from you! :lol:

Thanks for your comment on my blog - to answer your question, the mini sewing machine I've got is pretty good. I suck at fabric crafts so the only thing I will ever use a sewing machine for is stitching on LOs etc so no point in me shelling out for an expensive complicated one. The mini one I have is from Argos (don't think you have Argos in your part of the world, do you? :lol:) and only cost around £20! :)

Ali #50