Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

29 April, 2011

Card for Kate

Here's my card for Kate's birthday which I had on the desk on Wednesday this week. I played with a few combinations of the floral stamps and changed the format from vertical to horizontal. I added the chook wire as a background to give the whole arrangement a rustic feel and it seemed right to tie a tag on the fence.



You will discern the use of Distress Inks for shading (shabby shutters and broken glass) and the main design is done with Marvy Matchables which I love to use. The tag is punched out of manilla card and I used some little stencil letters which I also bought at Paperific.

The feature is mounted on burgundy metallic card on which is stamped a leafy scroll in silver with Judikins Kaleidescope EP. I mounted the whole on square hammered card stock and shaded the edges with aged mahogany.

Inside I stamped with the same embossing combination one of my favourite messages which is a shade mischievous, "Birthdays are good for you. The more you have the older you get."

Hope you like this little composition. Do give me a comment.

Miles of smiles,
Ros.

1 comment:

Neet said...

Well, it's a lovely composition and the addition of the chook wire (is that chuck as in hens but in Oz talk?)(I'm not being rude, my family are all in Oz) adds quite a new dimension to the whole thing.
Love the pink band at the base and the tag with her name on is lovely. I'm sure she will be thrilled with it.
Hugs, Neet x