Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

13 April, 2011

WOYWW #97 - and Under It

This week, Dixie got under the desk to stake a claim to the recycle paper box. As usual, she made herself very comfortable, and talked to me every so often.

The supervisor keeps watch from below rather than above.
And my desk (on top) is a bit of a hotch-potch this week. Well actually it's two desks, and many activities which are not of great artistic interest.

.
Getting my Record of Purchases up-to-date. It has got quite out-of-hand since Paperific, and the completion of house projects that needed my attention. I like to keep a list of what I have bought and usually put the stamp images on the same page. I have a new clothes line installed near the laundry at last - we don't have a drier because they gulp huge quantities of electricity and the clothes smell lovely when dried outside. It's nice that we're not snow-bound so it's possible to hang everything out.



Finishing off some inchies to become cards and go into stock. I'm really low at the moment and stooped to sending birthday "uncards" from an internet site. Better to do that than nothing.



More on the organising front... I want a record of dies and embossing folders, and here's the start. You might notice at the top of the picture, there are a couple more of the little paper clay moulds waiting for paint. One is a shell and the other is a ginko leaf. More of these soon.

Thanks for coming by. Please continue the journey at Mrs Dunnit's Desk which is where this all begins (if this is your first visit to What's on Your Workbench Wednesday).

Enjoy the week ahead.
Ros.

19 comments:

Carola Bartz said...

Ah Ros, I love to line-dry my laundry as well. It doesn't work in the winter (too much rain) but all the other seasons it's fine. It's almost meditative to hang the clothes on the line - I love it!

RosA said...

Hi Ros, Love those die cuts! Are they all Sizzix? I don't have any of them but I sure would like them all! I also try to keep an up to date inventory of stuff I buy but it is always a bit behind.

jude said...

What fab ides i never thought of that as half the time forget what i have i may just have to make a a4 ALBUM thanks for the inspiration and ideas
hugs judex3

akilli melek said...

love the idea of inchies, they look fab.
caroline #49

okienurse said...

WOW busy woman! I love all the organizing you are doing. I really need to get a book together to list all my stamps, punches, dies etc. I don't know what I have sometimes. Thanks for sharing. Vickie #78

KanataNewf said...

Oh I love the smell of line dried laundry as well. But sadly do not have one outside yet even though dearly beloved keeps promising me one. I do dry a LOT of mine on lines in my basement though. Still, not the same.

LOVE LOVE LOVE your creative space. Thanks for sharing a spot that looks great for getting crafty -- I wish my cats would be so settled when then sneak into my craft room!

Sheena #137

JoZart said...

Lovely interesting post and my oh my you are organised. I'd be too scared to keep a book on all my crafty purchases... I might get exposed! I might just do a die book though,
JoZarty x
Dixie and Pumpkin are adorable!

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

well nice to see you are keeping organised as well as creative there Ros... love inchies and keep meaning to make some with my stamps that are that size..one day when life does not get in the way. Happy WOYWW!
Shaz in Oz.x

Franka Benjaminsen said...

You have a very interesting desk with all sort of projects. Lovely inchies you've made and a good idea to write all your bought stuff in a book.
Oh, what a lovely office manager and gardener's helper you've got. Thanks for sharing.
Bye, Franka

Sarah Cooper said...

awee... the supervisor looks quite comfy! Great space.. and super organization. I keep my receipts and a running yearly list (tax) but your note-by-note system looks muuuuch better. :O)
Sarah #101

Twiglet said...

Lots of interesting bits and bobs to snoop there today!!

Shazsilverwolf said...

Dixie is so gorgeous!! Love your workspace, I like to keep a record of all my stuff now, its just so easy to lose track & forget about things. Shaz #105

Angie said...

You sound so organized ... wish I had the patience ...and thinner fingers lol ...to create inchies. Dixie and Pumpkin are so beautiful.

karen said...

Hee hee, Dixie is so cute in her little box!
You are so organized to keep track of all your art purchases! I am afraid to do it myself, lol, I mif=ght find out how much $$ I actually spend!
The inchies look fab! Those sre th ones on the cat food conatiners right? Ingenious!
Thanks for the visit!
xoxo Karen

Hands to Work, Hearts to God said...

What a cutie Dixie is! Good luck with the organizing!
Patsy from
HeARTworks

Karen said...

How cute does Dixie look peeping out of the box!! Sounds like you have a busy week this week with all your organising!
Have a lovely week,
Karen #102

Rachel said...

Normally I hate really organised people (because they make me feel I should be more organised), but you've presented everything so beautifully that I just want to be you!

Thank you for visiting me. I guess I feel bad when I don't respond to people who are so lovely to me, and that's why I said I sucked. Thank you for your kind and generous words.

Have a wonderful weekend.
Rachel, #70

MaggieC said...

Thank you so much for such a lovely comment on my blog this week. It really meant a lot to me. You have an excellent supervisor in your room. I wish I had all my stamps and things as well organised as you do. I have great plans but then I start playing with the things I am trying to organise.

Julia Dunnit said...

I'm a line dryer too - did away with the old tumbler about 4 years ago - it's a bit of a challenge during our long grey British winters, but it's not impossible! Your supervisor is in the perfect place - can see your legs..so can see when you plan to up and leave! YOur die collection is very interesting.. I don't keep records like that - I can leaf through them at a glance - I'll photo them and explain my lazy system!