Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

19 May, 2011

An Inchy Card

With all my tidy up activities, I have lots of pieces that are either unfinished or didn't suit my purpose at the time. My current challenge is to use them by finishing or altering them for new cards in stock.



This is a general purpose card that I punched from one of my experiments for a Christmas card design using the Maiden Hair Fern stamp. The inch squares are mounted on fuschia metallic card and then lettuce green matt. The little tag is actually a sticker - I'm using those up too. Embossed with my old fave, verdigris EP. Died the ribbon with Distress Stain peeled paint.

Here's a little hint that you might find useful. My best tool for threading string/ribbon through small holes is a tiny latch hook used in crochet and tatting. Sometimes, a fine wire needle threader is useful too, especially with very fine thread.

Cheers,
Ros.

5 comments:

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Love your little inchie card Ros, keep meaning to make one..one day!! Shaz in Oz.x

Di said...

Stunning card Ros! Di xx

Spyder said...

lovely! and what a go way to use up all those inchies I have!!
(Lyn)

Susan Allan said...

Fantastic creation, Ros. Thanks for all those useful tips.
I am busily breaking up lots of biscuits, to make them less fattening.
Best wishes.
Hope you can tell who this is from; I have lost my 'profile' picture!
Sue xx

Susan Allan said...

Hi Ros. I have not heard from you for a while I do hope you are well!
Just realised that I had not joined your list of followers; so, I've just put that right.
I have a new blog now:
www.aviewoftheworldfromhere-sa.blogspot.com

Keep in touch
Best wishes
Sue xxx