Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

25 May, 2011

WOYWW 103 and a sample of Autumn.

Greetings all. It's desk hopping time again. To find out more about this Wednesday whimsy, hop over to Stamping Ground.

This week there isn't a great deal happening. In fact there's more going on my head, bothering myself about what to do for the PIF, but I'm hoping that something will eeeeemeeerrrge.

What you see this week is the beginning of some ideas around the Olde Post Card stamp I bought recently - some travel themes from amongst the rest of my stamps and other accoutrements.

Travel themes

I've been playing with the brayer, a film strip stamp and a tyre tread stamp today. I want to include some real photos of my own, and there is also a vintage camera stamp in the drawer that has potential. Watch this space, as they say.

Thought I'd share a couple of garden pictures. It's very pretty at the moment with lots of Australian native plants in flower at this time and the deciduous trees showing great colour this year. The previous owners planted crepe myrtles, Mongolian Pears (no fruit) along the drive, and a couple of ornamental cherries. Because of better rain this year after ten years of drought, there are more sugars in the leaves. The cold weather has made the sugars create more intense pigments in the leaves so it's been more showy. Not so good when we have drought years.

Along Cherry Lane, lavenders and grevilleas flowering
Crepe Myrtle in front of the terrace
Yesterday, a rainbow on a grey day
Hope all is well with my visitors. Thanks to all who drop by. I really enjoy your comments and love to call on as many as I can manage.

Ros.

22 comments:

MaggieC said...

What lovely garden pictures, they really are beautiful. It does seem strange to see autumn colour at this time of the year when all our trees are in full leaf, apart from those losing their leaves due to drought. Thank you for sharing them with us - I hope you can find a way to use them in a card or layout.

Di said...

Hi Ros, what gorgeous pictures! Blogger is playing up today and not allowing comments so I hope this one does arrive. Like you, I shared some of my (English) garden today - so much else going on isn't leaving much time for crafting :( Di xx

Beatrice said...

love the colours on your post cards not seen this stamp before but it looks fab - the piccies of the garden look lovely

Bea

Carole Meisenhelter said...

...nice to see you creating Ros' and lovely to see some from your garden too.

Chrissy said...

Thanks for sharing your space! Love the coloring on the postcards!
Chrissy

The Crafty Elf said...

Oh my gosh what beautiful pictures! I love seeing what others have in their gardens as well as their work desks. Thank you for sharing your wonderful pictures with us and Happy WOYWW ;)

Susan Allan said...

Thanks for sharing the glorious photos of your garden. These are species we don't normally see, so thank you so much!
The post card stamp looks very useful and you are getting all inky, I can see!
I look forward to seeing your creations when they are finished.

Have a wonderful day, Ros!!!

Sue xxx

MaggieC said...

Thanks for your visit and comments, Ros. I had not seen those tyre treads as that piccie was not showing up yesterday. I had to change browsers to pick that one up. Like them a lot, though.

Kathleen said...

Beautiful photo's and really interesing things happening on your work desk.
Kathleen x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Ros loving the desk there and the play with stamps and brayer and also the garden pickies the grevilleas are gorgeous here too have few pickies to post too one day! Shaz in oz. x

Elizabeth said...

Hi Ros, you're not the only one agonising over PIF, I'm still at the brain stage - it's there somewhere, it's just not translated into anything concrete so far. Love the photos of your garden - so different from my own. Love rainbows too. Hope you have a happy week ahead. Elizabeth x #53

Carola Bartz said...

I adore garden pictures - these are gorgeous! Beautiful warm colors. I also like those postcards on yur desk, each time I see your desk I enjoy the colors you use in your craft projects and how you ink your tags, cards etc. It just looks yummy and make my fingers itch.

Nicks said...

yum.... i love those tyre and filmstrip stamps

Sam said...

Lovely to see what your kneck of the woods looks like. Nice busy desk too!
Blogger still hit and miss!! Grrr!!

RosA said...

Hi Ros, I tried to send you a long email yesterday but Blogger has been playing up and I couldn't sign in so I will just say "hi" for the moment and catch you later, I hope!

okienurse said...

Awesome garden pictures! I love fall with all the beautiful trees changing colors. I didn't know it had to do with water and sugars. I learned something today! Thanks for sharing. Vickie #46

madebyKarla said...

Those post cards are lovely! Thanks for sharing those beautiful pictures ;)

MaudMartha said...

Hi Ros, the work in progress looks brilliant - is it for a scrapbook page or a card? Beautiful picyures of your garden, thanks for sharing. Teresa x

sandra de said...

Thanks for saying hi. Love the postcard stamp and it looks like you have created a lovely background with the brayer. Your garden is just gorgeous and I love the australian natives.

Spyder said...

Happy very late woyww! (blogger would not open that comment box!) It's not rained much here for the last couple of months, which is very unusual. My cherry tree is in a big pot and need loads of water! Thank you for the snoop, like that vintage car stamp!
(Lyn)

Julia Dunnit said...

Our lavenders are in total sync! Obviously they've adpated seasonally!
Like the bits and pieces you're planning to use - and I hipe the PiF isnt causing you stress - I'm staring the finishing post in the face with mine...at last!!

RosA said...

Hi Ros, Still having trouble with blogger.