Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

14 September, 2011

WOYWW 119 - Cleared the decks

Greetings again WOYWW-ers. This funny acronym is about visiting people's desks using Julia Dunnit's blog as the launching pad. Pop over to see by clicking HERE.

I decided on more photos than talk tonight. You will recall that the Wildcards desk looked as though it had a wild night last week so I'm starting with the clean-up project. It's been a major case of pull everything out, look it over, and decide where it will go. I'll just show you the final effect rather than the agony on the way. Here are the drawers, labelled.

...now I don't need a map to find things.

Next, the card stock drawer...


A mixture of card stock and paper is more visible.

And the library of books, projects, magazines, stock lists...


This is a little alcove that contains many treasures.

And finally the librarian, supervisor, mischief maker, and general grumpy bum... the Magic Puddin' who sits above the books. He is part of my generation's childhood, from a book of the same name by Norman Lindsay. A fantastic story about the vicissitudes of the Perfessional Puddin' Owners as they battle the Perfessional Puddin' Thieves with the help of an incurable optimist called Bunyip Bluegum. I made him out of two puddin' basins (the apostrophe is important in relation to this larrikin) and a beanie made of brown handspun wool.

The Magic Puddin' - he is a cut 'n' come again Puddin'

Now for the desk which has an experimental picture on it using picture stamps to create a moonlit scene with a brightly lit settler's cottage. The cottage is resist embossed with clear EP. At the end, I ironed off the EP to settle it into the picture. I have an idea to develop based on the opening screen of a recent TV show, and this is the beginning. More about it through the week I hope, visitors and back pain permitting.

Moonlight over the bush cabin

I mentioned my little red buckets on the rounds to someone last week and here they are on their Lazy Susan. They keep lots of small tools very handy.

The Red Bucket Brigade

Hope you enjoyed this little tour.
Happy days,
Ros.

16 comments:

JoZart said...

Great post.. .wonderful neat organisation but lots of lovely craftiness. I love your moonlight card... very effective indeed.
Love JoZarty
PS Just a tip, I cut my lace borders to much thinner edges for a more subtle effect and thus getting more strips from each reel.

Sandy said...

Oh wow what a beautiful place for crafting. Very tidy.
Happy WOYWW. Sandy #1

The Crafty Elf said...

Very organized RosC!! Looks amazing - great job! Your "moonlight over the bush cabin" card is stunning! Wow! Thanks for the snoop and have a great day!

Carola Bartz said...

Wow, all those drawers! And you know where everything is? I like the Magic Puddin'... and the tree stamp that is sitting on your desk!

Elizabeth said...

Just a quick visit this week due to illness but hope to do better next week ... thanks for sharing your desk and the result of your fab organisational makeover. I hope you have a great week. Elizabeth x #121

RosA said...

Hi Ros, I'm SO envious of your organised supplies! The mess I work in is often so overwhelming I can't actually work happily on anything. I like where that moonlight scene is going. Would love to see it when finished. And the snow at Thredbo last week was very good, especially for spring. It snowed both days we were there! Thanks for visiting, catch you soon.

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh my...I need to do the same thing as you have done...it is just finding the time and energy! such inspiration...and I loved reading about Betsy too!

Sam said...

Wow! Your Craft Room must be huge to have all that stuff packed in there. Love that sticker "Cheerful Whistling Permitted"!!!
That card looks pretty lovely too!

Julia Dunnit said...

Gracious! I love tha tyou showed the finished and spraed the pain- although I know well of the pain that you speak!! it all looks fab -you must be very pleased with your efforts. Hope the back is holding up.

Angie said...

So tidy ...so organized. Love what is on your desk. The background is so effective and that tree stamp is so eerie.

505whimsygirl said...

I'm in awe. You are so organized - congratulations. I bet it took time to look at everything and decide where to put it. I need to do the same thing! Also, love the card on your workbench.

butlersabroad said...

Great post Ros, love all those tidy shelves and drawers. Gosh you have a lot of craft books and inspiration!

Hugs
Brenda 88

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Ros sorry to hear about your back, and digging soursobs would not help! Must say dont know them, not sure I want to! have almost done with bindii.. I pray so anyway!
Now I love your organisation, Ros,l would love some of it myself - but with my short stature not that high!! how I love your ole puddin' too did smile when I saw it! Happy WOYWW Shaz in Oz.x

Joni Nickrent said...

WOW! You are one creatively organized woman! Thanks for sharing you fun ways to pull it all together! Love the piece you're working on! Great stuff! Popping by from POP ART MINIS via WOYWW

okienurse said...

awesome organization in your crafting space. Sorry I am so late getting by this week but I wanted to pop by and visit your blog to say hello and to see what you are up to! Didn't have the time to post(except about newest Doswell addition) or craft the past two weeks due to being in Virginia visiting with the son's family to see the newest granddaughter born. Definitely a fun time none the less. Hope you have a great week. Vickie aka okienurse

Spyder said...

Fabulous scene, could be quite spooky! And, love all your organization! Just perfect!!
(lyn)