Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

22 September, 2011

WOYWW 120 - something good about round numbers

Greetings All.

There's something I like about round numbers - 120 is another stick in the sand. Thanks for all the lovely messages from last week. The shelving with all my sets of drawers isn't as tall and imposing as the wide angle camera lens leads you to think. Everything is in reach..... even though I've just discovered that I'm an inch shorter than I was ten years ago. I am sooooo PEEVED with my disorganised low spine. We've had another acute episode of pain this week past but I dealt with it quickly and was back in the pool today with no ill effects. 

Check out what happens with this Wednesday desk hopping over at Julia Dunnit's blog. She is the hub of this glorious wander through other people's craft spaces.

Now for my desk. This week is an extension of last week's ideas which produced a birthday card for a member of my family who is very keen on indigenous plants and landscapes.

You can see the experiments at the back and the successful version on the work pad.
 I wanted to create a moonlit scene with a white ghost gum as the feature using Versamark with 'Pastel' Judikins EP. It gives the almost translucent white effect without using silver. I used a StampScape of the moon and clouds. Torn paper and Distress Inks did the rest.


Final card with dry embossed message at the side ~ with love.

That was fun, and worked out well in that I think the Birthday girl will like it.

I'm a bit late this week but will be getting to as many blogs as I can. Best of times,
Ros.

19 comments:

Di said...

Stunning Ros! I like the devastation left after your crafting too..aren't we mucky little pups when we get going!! Di xx

Carole Meisenhelter said...

I love the ghost gum image Ros' you created a beautiful card.

Angie said...

That is a beautiful piece of art ...a larger version would look stunning on a wall ...I just keep looking at it in wonder.

The Crafty Elf said...

Your moonlit scene is beautiful and so is your finished card with the embossing down the side. What wonderful work!

Thanks for the peek today and have a wonderful week!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Ros ah just love the effect of the ghost gum, had one of those used to look out at and just star eat in English lessons in 1st form, composing imaginary poems! love the way you created the scene! real art not sure if you saw Vickie's blog but real discussion on what is art and what is craft! (Okienurse)Happy WOYWW Shaz in Oz.x

voodoo vixen said...

I love the version on you desk but you infer that the ones at the back are not a success? They are lovely too!! You have captured the night tree image effect perfectly!!

Marjo said...

Very artistic, thanks for the peek and sharing.

xoxo Marjo#36

Sam said...

That card is stunning Ros. If the Birthday Girl doesn't like it then send it to my for my Anniversary!!

butlersabroad said...

Love the WIP scene on the desk Ros, and I like the ones at the back too so I hope you can find a use for them also.

Hugs
Brenda

MaggieC said...

That is a really lovely card, Ros. If the recipient does not like it, she can send it to me.

Carola Bartz said...

Ros, this is such a beautiful card!! I didn't quite understand how you did it, but it sure is a wonderful little piece of art. I wish I could do something like that.

Tertia said...

Love the card!
Happy very belated WOYWW

Liz Miller said...

Thank you for stopping past my table and leaving a comment this week. I love your card and seeing that moon stamp reminded me that I too have a smaller version of it, Have now looked it out to make Hallowe'en ATCs with. Thanks for the inspiration. Happy crafting.
Liz x

Shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Ros, thanks for your visit! I too do this in small bursts- there are so many great desks & beautiful pieces of work to see.Plus I have to do things like work, eat, sleep etc, lol. I have some of the Judikins 'Pastel' EP, I bought it a very long time ago, I shall have to fish that out from behind the others now- I love the effect you achieved with it. Lovely card, but I'm a sucker for Stampscapes always!Have a good week, Shaz

Elizabeth said...

Hi Ros, Sorry to hear your back is playing you up ... been havng problems with mine too and off to physio this week to see what can be done to help. I love the card - the ghost gum is beautiful and I like your work with the inks. I'm always slow in getting round the 120+ links because I just fit it all in around all the other exciting and demanding things I have to do. Thanks for taking the time to visit me this week. Elizabeth x #125

Debs Willis said...

Hi Ros, thanks for your comments, I agree about the TH rosettes, decided to DIY - the trick is definitely to take a moment to pre-score!!

Love your ghost tree, and so cool to see someone else using stampscapes! I've only just discovered them, so plenty of stamping ahead of me

Off to check out more WOYWW posts!

Debs

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I adore the final card you made, but I also liked the one on the back right, too. Sorry I'm so late showing up this week. Seems I've had to say that a lot lately.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Ros been missing you again on your blog - trust you are okay?? and thought I would come looking for you love your tree card too not sure if I have seen this post before or not - anyway there is candy on offer at my blog as my blog was one year old 1.1.11, and seeing as you are one of my wonderful encouragers you are invited over to the party, love Shaz in oz.x

Spyder said...

Love your card, I really REALLY want some of those inks and other things! I haven't been posting a lot as we haven;t been home for more that a day this last month, time does fly!! And this is probably the latest woyww comment ever! Happy very late woyww (Lyn)