Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

15 February, 2012

WOYWW 141. A New Project or Two

What a week. It's been cool one day and hot the next, had someone to stay, and family business to attend to. My main creative project this week is a bereavement card which says what I mean... Thinking of you rather than Sympathy in yards, feet and inches. Don't mean to sound grumpy, but I'm not really one for moping much, and the truth is that I do spend time thinking about lost love ones and those who are close and feeling the loss most of all.

Well, here's the card in the planning alongside a couple of other small things I've been playing with.



L to R: The Slice machine, a couple of lay-outs for a square card; tissue tape flower.
 The stamp is nameless but is a pretty spray of leaves and berries which I have masked with a sticky note and some florist tape. Just using black ink, I have stamped a couple of different pattern combinations and then coloured them using hi-liter pens to help with visualising the effect. So far, I like the right hand one.

The label is cut out with the Slice from some blue spattered paper that was air-brushed. 'Thinking of You' is embossed with creamy white EP called 'Sea Foam'. I think it could look fine across the top corner threaded on some silver blue ribbon.

At the top of the picture is the funny little bow-maker which I bought at a Show last year. It's great fun and very effective. Then on the right-hand side is a flower made with Tim Holtz tissue tape. I punched out the centre and painted it with the Krylon pen, then touched up the edges of the pleated petals with gold as well.

Well that's it for now. If you wonder what this desk-hopping about, follow this link to Julia Dunnit at the hub of it all. Enjoy a little transcontinental leaping.

Ros.

28 comments:

Jackie said...

Great to see your work in progress.

scrappystickyinkymess said...

Looks like it's going to be FAB. Lovely colouring too.

Have a great WOYWW

Mary Anne

Neet said...

I like the blue one too. Like your flower made with the tissue tape as well.
Sounds as if you are busy - I've just spent an hour clearing up in my craft room and it doesn't look a scrap different. Ah well, onwards and upwards.
Hugs, Neet 29

okienurse said...

great looking desk. Love the spray's you are working on! Hope you have a great week and thanks for sharing. Don't forget my blog candy is still up for grabs so drop by and leave a comment and make sure you are a follower. Vickie #64

sandra de said...

A very pretty wreath motif, it is lovely to see what you can achieve by repetition.

May said...

Busy bee desk going on today, Have a great week, Hugs May x x x love you kitty cats on your sidebar x x x

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...there seems to be so much saddness around and it always seems worse being a bleak time of year...your card will be much appreciated...have a lovely week...Mel :)

Spyder said...

Very pretty stamps and lovely colouring too Thank you for my snoop!
Have a very Crafty Week,
Happy WOyWw

(Lyn) #15

MvM-design said...

love to see your creative desk!
Happy Wednesday :-)
Hugs Marleen #45

Sharne Davies said...

Talk of heat ...........what's that?
Thanks for the peek into your world. XX Sharne ( fresh as a daisy)

Kim Dellow said...

Fab peek at your workspace - thanks! Kim

Sarpreet said...

an acrylic block, a brayer, very busy workdesk, like the work in progress, Great workspace, Happy WOYWW 141, thank you for sharing,# 52

Lou said...

Your stamped flowers look lovely, i like them both, Lots of lovely creative crafty goodies on your desk, ready for playing with. Hope you have a great week Lou @ # 91

Hazel said...

Very pretty colouring. I've got one of those bow makers, but confess that I've never used it ... one day perhaps (Hazel, WOYW #138) x

sandee said...

Sympathy cards are always the hardest to make. Thanks for letting me take a peek at your desk, waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Peggy said...

looks like you're going to be busy have a great WOYWW

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! THANK YOU for what you said about thinking of you rather than sympathetic moping about! My father just passed and if I open one more soppy, sad, sniffly sympathy card I am so going to scream. Thank you for the opportunity to vent that. I thought maybe I was weird (which I am, but you know...). To your desk-I like the image on the right better too. I find circular images hard to work into a rectangular card, not that you couldn't do it but it is less fiddly with a nice spray of flowers.

RosA said...

Hi Ros, Well Sympathy/Bereavement cards are difficult. Not the actual card, just what goes inside, I find.
There sure are a lot of WOYWWERs now. (Can't possibly get around to them all which is a shame.) Thanks for visiting! Nice to have you back!

Lisa said...

i too agree. i like your beautifully colored images.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

So what is the thing in the middle of the photo that looks like a cross between tweezers and an awl? I'm sure it's something useful, but I can't figure it out. However, I love the gorgeous images. I am a softie, but like your take on sympathy cards. Happy WOYWW from #3, but you knew that because you have already visited me this week.

scrappymo! said...

Great job on the colouring. It is fun to see the card being contructed in stages. Hope we see more of it next week.

Brenda B said...

Both of those LO's will make very pretty cards Ros, and I'm admiring your skills with the masking take in order to make a wreath shape. Agree with your sentiments on the subject too, I've lost people very close to me and I do think of them a lot.

Hugs
Brenda 6

JoZart said...

It's lovely how a simple stamp can be so versatile. you have used it well and the resulting cards will, I'm sure, be well appreciated.
Thanks for visiting me and yes! it was soooo cold in Germany that I've come back home and bought fur lined boots and a down filled longer coat for next year. Good buys in the sales but I wish I'd had it last week!
JoZarty x

CraftygasheadZo said...

Ooh lots going on, love the stamp. Take care, thanks for sharing & enjoy this WOYWW. Zo xx 86

Doone said...

thanks for visiting me yesterday,

our family and friends think that the thoughts and dreams after we lose one of us are what keeps the 'lost' person immortal, if no one is left that will think of you, then you are really gone,

it has helped us raise families that care about each other and their neighbours and friends...

so I think your sentiment is very very lovely

Dx

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Hi Ros - yes you're having fun indeed like the idea of the florist tape Ros and have some white which do use, but good idea with masking too - wonder if I will remember that next time i need it - love Shaz in oz.x

MaggieC said...

It is good to see how you are using a stamp in a different way to get the result you want. I hope you are going to show us what that little bow maker does. Thank you for your visit this week and your very kind comment. xx Maggie #98

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I am in complete agreement with your thoughts - if someone passes after a good life and without too much pain, well isn't that an end we'd all like?? Keeping the thoughts of the person in the forefront, that's the important thing.
Thanks for the fab comments on my blog. The fair was fun! And my friend's chooks sold themselves :D
Hugs, LLJ #72 xx