Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

28 March, 2012

WOYWW No. 147.

Greetings all.

My desk has been abandonned this week in favour of carting crushed rock. Just bought a wood shed delivered and assembled by two strapping young fellers on the new bed of crushed rock just this morning. I took a picture of it tonight in the dark. More tomorrow...

The Woodshed. On the left, mobile water tank. Pink ladies on the right.
Julia, last week you were wondering whether I have a slap-stick skating comedy happening at the desk with the glass beads everywhere. Here's the preventive...



I sprinkle the microbeads over the small Judikins clip tray which I put to a thousand other uses as well, and clean up with this little vacuum cleaner which I found in a computer gadget shop. It's for cleaning one's keyboard, not very efficiently but marvellous with tiny stuff. That dust bag is full of beads, embossing powder and glitter. I am such a gadget freak!

Julia Dunnit is the hub of this desk hopping exercise, so hop over to her blog to see more about it.

Miles of smiles,
Ros.

14 comments:

CraftygasheadZo said...

Love that little vacuum thingy, very handy for a crafty space! Take care & enjoy this weeks snoop of WOYWW desks. Zo xx 75

Rita said...

I don't envy you the task of cleaning up those micro beads. Hugs Rita xx

sandee said...

ohhhhhh I love the tiny vacuum for picking up beads and such, will have to look into that! waving hi from my balcony in the hills of North Carolina :)

Carole M. said...

loving your wood shed; very eco-friendly; good on the eye! Is it a tool shed, or a 'wood' storage shed? The little vacuum gadget is neat; I have a little brush thingo with batteries to suck the dust from the keyboard.

May said...

I love the pics of wee Dixie & pumpkin there soooo cute x x great little vacumm thing that would be so handy in my crafty room!!! Love the shed!! Have a great week, Hugs May x x xNo14

Neesie said...

I thought I'd return the compliment Ros and become a follower ;)
I love the photos of Pumkin and Dixie.
I think I'll give those little beads a miss...although that little vacuum looks ideal for the job.
Have a happy WOYWW :D

Elizabeth said...

Hi Ros, I've sneaked ahead and viewed your shed from all angles now - terrific. I can understand getting dotty about a shed, the EM is currently living, breathing and dreaming about a new, bigger shed to replace the rickety and collapsing teeny-weeny one he has now :) Your little vacuum cleaner is fab ... will be keeping my open for one of those now to help clear up all the glitter and embossing powder I spill pretty frequently. Have a great week. Elizabeth x #145

Queen Of Toys said...

Just love that little vacuum cleaner and I am a gadget freak too. I had a dustbuster in my office until i blew it up.

Happy crafting
Eliza No. 181

okienurse said...

I need to find one of those vacuum gadgets! I love tools and never hear a complaint from my DH when I tell him a bought a new one but tell him I bought some thing crafty thats another story so everything is toolish around here. Thanks for visiting my blog earlier. I am trying this week to at least get back to the blogs of those who visit mine. Who would have thought that we would be pushing 200 a week. Love the new shed by the way. Thanks for sharing and have a nice week. Vickie #138

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I understand the shed-love! Couple of years ago, I sold a gold chain and bangle and bought a new greenhouse with the proceeds. I love it and spend a lot of my time in there - definitely got the better of the bargain there!!
Hugs, LLJ #74
PS You're welcome to stay anytime!!

voodoo vixen said...

Oh my, that little vacuum is brilliant... who wouldn't want to have one of those when they have beads rolling all over the place!! Shed... yes, nice shed... LOL Annette #22

JoZart said...

Just caught up on a few of your posts and really enjoyed reading them and all your lovely art and photos.
Lv JoZarty x

SophieNewton said...

What a fabulous little gadget. and i love your shed x
sophie no.183

MaggieC said...

I use one of those air spray thingies to clean my keyboard, and feel so ashamed every time I do it with all the crumbs etc that fly out. Maybe a vacuum would hide the evidence better. thank you for your visit and I am glad to report that the bees are diminishing and Flash is feeling much better today. Have a good day. xx Maggie #7