Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

11 April, 2012

WOYWW No 149.

Today I’ve been making a birthday card for Jasmine who is 9 this very day. I’m writing this in the car on the way to have dinner with her and the family. Some of you might recall that last year I made her a treasure chest complete with map. This year she has a different sort of parcel with a simple but pretty card.

Now about this expose of desks. We do this on Wednesdays and if you’re curious, jump over to the good Ms Dunnit as she’s the one what done it. (I’ve been wanting to say that for so long – bad of me but I hope you don’t give me a hard time, Julia).

So here’s a little picture essay…

Buidling the idea for Jazzie's card
The Usurper, needing to be close, sitting on my feet. Does feel nice but not staying long.

This photo (above) needs some explanation. At the top of the picture are my legs whilst taking a photo of the desk. I am standing on the chair that She has decided to sit on. It seems immaterial that my feet are there somewhere.

The idea takes shape.

Using the butterfly dies that I bought at Paperific with some gloss card coloured with alcohol inks from the stash box. The photos don't do justice to the butterflies with the beautiful gloss colours. Butterfly stamp is embossed with Stampendous fine detail white. Love it.

The final product...
Inside ...the final product.

Hope you enjoyed the pics. If you have any questions, do drop me a line. And thank you to everyone who left comments last week – I do hope I managed to visit you too, but this week’s another opportunity. Also want to thank and welcome my lovely Followers.

Warm wishes all,

Ros.

22 comments:

Sandy said...

Love your butterfly image its really lovely.

Sue said...

Love how this has turned out Ros:)

Brilliant idea!
xxx

kay said...

lovely card,and you cat obviously wants attention :)

Sue said...

A Tibetan sand mandala.....that sounds awesome. I need to know how to make one...do you know, if so you must tell:)))
xxxx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Yay - a fellow Spike fan!! That poem always makes me laugh, it's so stupid!!
I love that beautiful green butterfly card - especially the way you've done the butterflies in reverse (so to speak) apart from the one coloured one. Very clever and very much my cup of tea :)
Hugs, LLJ #3 xx

MaggieC said...

Your butterfly card is really lovely, clean and fresh. I like it lots. Thank you for your visit today and your kind comments. Have a good week. xx Maggie #2

Princess Judy Palmer said...

That chair looks scary to stand on, like it might be a bit wobbly! The cat though! That makes me laugh!!! I used to have a cat who would jump into my chair the second I stood up, even it was just to get a better stamped image. One day I had to leave the room for a moment so I said AH-HA! and laid the chair down on its back. I came back and the cat was lounging on the backrest of the chair, unconcerned that it wasn't right way up. Anyway, love your card and how you stamped and embossed in white.

Astrid Maclean said...

Did love those pics, great idea with the butterflies!

I have enjoyed looking at your space
Have a good week and happy hopping!
#32

Miriam said...

Lovely work - thanks for sharing.

#148

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Ros,

The butterfly images are great. What a clever idea to add some dimension to the stamp, it adds so much.

Happy WOYWW
Hugs,
Kay
36

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...giving handmade cards goes much deeper as so much thought goes into what your doing...your butterfly stamp is gorgeous and you've used it to great effect, she'll loVe it...and stamping on the inside is a loVely touch...just beautiful...Mel :)

CraftygasheadZo said...

Fab card, but do go steady standing on the chair! Take care, it's Thursday now so I'm late but I can never get through the list in one go! Love Zo xx 75

Neet said...

Belated birthday greetings for Jasmine - I bet she loved that card - I do!
Thanks for including your number, it does help. Thanks also for visiting and commenting on my blog and apolgies for being so late - stiff neck, slow computer and tiredness all contributed to my being late.
Hugs, Neet x

Queen Of Toys said...

I didn't get a chance to go to paperific I was working, last year I was lucky enough to work on one of the stalls there. I do hope you discovered new toys to play with there.

Love your card and I am sure the receiver will too. It's just like the furry friends in the family to want their own pile of papers or to take over, this problem I have here too with my own 2 cats and sometimes my dads visiting cat.

You were in Box Hill not far from me I am in Forest Hill, it's a small world.

Happy crafting and thanks for visiting my desk

Eliza #80

Sue said...

Dear Ros
Thank you for the links for TSMs
When I saw the images I realised I had come across them before, just did not recognise the name.
Have a great weekend:)
xx

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

The lengths we go to to get a decent photo lol.
The card is gorgeous. Love that stamp(and the other one in the first photo), not ones I've seen before. I have a thing for butterflies. I hope Jasmine loved it too (I have a stamp design called Jasmine) x Jo

SophieNewton said...

Ooh, I love that card. Stunning colour
Sophie x
No.79

okienurse said...

love your card! I have two rotten kitties that think whats mine is theirs and makes no difference if I am sitting, standing or whatever they want it they get it! I appreciate you comments each week and like you it takes me all week to get around cause the group has gotten so bit but my other duties haven't shrunk. Have a great week. Vickie @106

JoZart said...

Beautiful card Ros which I'm sure Jasmine will love. Hope you had a wonderful time with them for her birthday.
Make sure you are on Terra Ferma next week, when taking your desk pic, as I worry about the antics on the chair.
Love joZarty x
thanks so much for your comment too.

Neesie said...

Oh what a stunning card Ros. The flutterby's (as my daughter used to call them) are so beautiful.
The Usurper just wants to get in on the act! ^..^
Have a great week :D
Neesie #12

Lavinia said...

Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog, Think my Mojo has made an appearance glad to say. I got my Half Dozen Cards made Hurrah! The Tin Stamps came from a mail order place in the US, I couldn't find them anywhere in the UK. I love them & they stamp really well! Love the finished card you did here & the cat on the chair looks a bit like my Mr Binxz! have a great week!
Lavinia
x

Spyder said...

Love the pussy cat, they do like to be where youare don't they. I have alodger cat...I have no idea who owns him, but he's always here, he's here now. Lovely butterfly stamp and soooo useful
Happy....Wednesday!
(Lyn)