Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

23 May, 2012

WOYWW No 155 - re-organised at last

Greetings all. Had a busy time over the last couple of weeks with a lot of work which I enjoyed such a lot. Haven't lost my touch!  Hah!

Right now I'm very keen to share my new desk arrangements which I have been cogitating for the last few weeks. I now have a better space to work with and better access to small tools and current materials. This feverish intent to share the desk is explained over at Julia Dunnit's Stamping Ground so follow the link to find out more.

I suppose this is something of a photo essay today, so enjoy it. It's a pleasure to be back.

This the key to it all. It's a beer can stacker for the refrigerator!!!
What a great Aussie invention put to much better use than taking up precious fridge space for stacking the Boyz Beer.

What you see ain't all. It expands! 

So, here it goes to nestle in the hutch at the end of the desk where the set of arty drawers used to be. Now I have stamps visible whilst they are in use or drying, and lots of my favourite ink pads and EPs in view. They no longer fall off that ridiculous cake stand that I tried out.

Here is the tidy desk, with the little red fire buckets all in reach too. Bliss!

Went to Office Works this morning and found this tray which adds a final touch.
Then this afternoon, I settled down to some work in my lovely refreshed space. I made these Stampscape pictures a while ago so will get along with making them into cards. I love using a combination of application tools including make-up sponges from the local el cheapo bulk shop, Colorbox stylus, and dabbers of various other kinds. The Stampscape Tonal Applicator is a must.


Stampscape coloured with Marvy Markers and Colorbox stylus.
Looking forward to wandering around the Stamping Ground ether this afternoon, and tomorrow. Happy days to all my recent and potential callers, and to my lovely followers.

Ros.

22 comments:

Lisa said...

Beautiful images and love the extending thingy too:D i'll have to look for one of those too now lol
Happy WOYWW day
Lisa #16
xx

Bridget Larsen said...

That is one cool expandable step, I could use that in my craft room lol
Bridget #12

scrappystickyinkymess said...

I mock the extending thingie by using the kids old blocks - I have a HUGE bin full of them. Bet yours is more stable but I'm a make do and mind kinda gal :)

And I used to LOVE Stampscape stamps, and now I see your sample I love them alll over again!

Happy WOYWW from Mary Anne (1)

Trish Latimer said...

Great storage idea! Love that image too, lovely colours! Trish #51

Helen said...

Great desk, with your clever organisation!! have a good day, Helen @17

Samantha Elliott said...

Way to go girl! I love how you have your desk all laid out. Wanna do mine? I have been looking for one of those stacker things for ages to put my rubber stamps on. Mum used to have one in the pantry back in the 70s made of wood, of course!
Loving that picture you have done.
Thanks for your visit and kind words. Of course I will share our books, if my Buddy will let me. They are soo different but both looking good so far!

Redanne said...

I just love to re-organise when I get new gadgets but your is amazing and it extends too! Double the space, such a great idea. Not seen them in this country but will keep an eye out now. Lovely images on your desk too. Crafty hugs, Anne #18

CraftygasheadZo said...

Super images and what a fab idea for storage. Take care and enjoy this sunny & warm WOYWW. Zo xx 80

sandee said...

Now I've always thought of that as a spice stacker, and have one in there right now! Our beer/cola stackers hang from the top shelf of the fridge and the cans are on their sides! Anyway, glad you made great storage use out of it! I hope you have a wonderful day, waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Di said...

Wonderful idea!! OMG, when you come and tidy Sam's, can you also call here please?! Di xx

May said...

Love that storage idea!!! I love that scene stamp its so gorgeous and coloured just perfect... Love it!! Hugs May x x x#30

kay said...

super desk make over
have a fab woyww
kay #33

Queen Of Toys said...

I love it when things have a place and they are in it. We have some really great Aussie inventions and it looks like it suits your needs perfectly. Nothing like a re-arrange or a tidy up. Love the stamps scene on your desk too.

Eliza #49
http://queenartoypia.blogspot.com.au/

Queenie Jeannie said...

Yay!!! I love happy, clean up stories, lol!! Your sponging is just fantastic. WOW!! Great job!

Jeannie #75

JoZart said...

Wow! Ros you have been busy getting all organised. It looks so good and must be inviting to craft on. Love the steps, never before seen them but they look really handy.
You Stampscape card looks amazingly lovely.
Thanks for popping by my desk and for your comment.
Love JoZarty x

Neesie said...

Oh I like that stacker Ros...I like it a lot! And it expands...whoohoo!
I'm just trying to think who might stock them ;D
Have you settled into your new organised space. It all looks great.

Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for popping over to my place. Have fun!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

A change is as good as a rest! It's such a small thing but has really changed your desk in a positive way - and it didn't cost you anything which is even better!! But how is your DH storing his stubbies?? Lol
Hugs, LLJ #57 xx

Twiglet said...

Love the little extendable shelf - a shame to leave it just for the beers! Never seen them over here. Have a great week. x Jo

Spyder said...

ohooo yes, I need some of those expending shelves, mine are just bits of wood balanced across, and if the bench wobbles everything falls off! Thanks for my snoop.. the view through your window looks good too! Shady but sunny! Happy late WOYWW
((Lyn)) #54

Sarah said...

Wow - looks fabulous - so clean, organised and inviting - worth all the effort and now time to play... Thanks so much for calling by - enjoy the weekend! Sarah.

Suzanne said...

Lovely snoop around your very organised desk. The card with the trees on is stunning #59

Queen Lightwell said...

Oooh, just had what I think is a super idea...(probably means it isn't but :-)...You know what else might work really super for all your little jars of embossing powders? On that outer side of the hutch at the end of your desk, paint that side with magnetic paint and then glue magnets on the outside top of the lids of your embossing powder jars so they could all stick on the magnetized surface and you could easily see them all at once and pick just the one you wanted without disturbing the others. I found a link to give you a visual similar to what I'm thinking...http://www.examiner.com/article/small-containers-with-magnetic-backs-help-organize-small-items ...anyways, it would give you more room on those cool beer stacker shelves for other stuff. I hope you don't mind the suggestion...I know organizing my craft space always seems like a work in progress since you have to find what works for you and I just thought that method might work for you...actually, I'm going to check out my craft room and see if I can't find some space to make such a thing for myself for my embossing powders! :) You haven't been to see my space but feel free to stop by and let me know what you think of how I've organized it!(I have lots of pics of my craft room, all over my blog) Otherwise I just have to say WOW over that Stampscape! So tiny yet so amazing! Just beautiful! You are very talented. :)
~Deeyll #171