Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

30 May, 2012

WOYWW No 156 Three years on...

Well what an interesting phenomenon - three years from the start of  Julia Dunnit's idea of sharing what's on the desk, we are still going. I'm a relative new-comer about a year ago and have so enjoyed the discussions, ideas, and friendships that have grown. The Wednesday desk jockeys are generous and funny as well. It's all to enjoy!

This weekend just past, I went to a local show called Picture to Page and met a few people I know. Bought a few bits and pieces - envelopes of various shapes and sizes, a couple of die-cuts and best of all, some Dylusion spray inks.

Main feature is the Dylusion Sprays
On the desk are some samples of the Dylusions that I bought, mounted on a page for my techniques journal. The top of the page is covered because it relates to WOYWW 156 ATC swap. On the left are a couple more versions of the StampScapes I started last week. The red sunset sky is done with a brayer and Kaleidacolour ink pad. On the right, is a little clip board and some buttons cut from a new CreaTables die set.

While on the end of the brayer, I made the patchy black & white card from black textured card brayered with white Gesso. Hope to use it for some interesting background.

Looking forward to this celebration of desk-hopping. Ab Fab idea, Julia. Hope your parents are fine, and the holiday is sunny and restful. Warm regards to all, especially my lovely followers and commenters.

Ros.

18 comments:

ScrappnBee said...

Those tags turned out gorgeous! WOW! I have been a WOYWWer for about a year too. Isnt it amazing what a great group this is! So inspiring! Thanks for sharing. Happy WOYWW Birthday!!! -Amanda x100

Ali said...

Oooh lots of lovely creative stuff going on on your desk this week! Your after me in the list of WOYWWers this week so you get an ATC from me! :)

Can you please email me your address for me to send to. :)

Happy WOYWW anniversary!

Ali #88

Sue said...

I love using sprays and I can see you are having great fun with yours. Hope you are better by now. xxx

JoZart said...

Hi Ros!
Happy 3rd WOYWW Birthday! Great to be part of this wonderful fun group!
Wonderful to share your lovely art work and the vibrant colours of dylusions are superb.You use them so well,
love joZarty x

Redanne said...

Hi Ros, I can see that you are loving your Dylusions sprays by the results you have produced. They are amazing aren't they? Love the colours. Happy WOYWW Anniversary, Anne x #38

jill said...

i love playing with dylusions spray inks.
lovely tags , happy crafting Jill #64

RosA said...

Hi Ros,
Thanks for your kind comments! I would love to swap ATCs! Actually I was wondering if those lovely little stampscape cards (few posts below) were ATCs (and if I could be so bold as to ask for one?) I have borrowed some stampscape stamps from Sandra de but haven't got around to doing anything yet. So much to do, so little time (it seems). Those pencils on my desk are sort of interesting. Cheap, but nice. They draw just like lead pencil but when you add water they take on subtle (different) colours. I do have one bottle of that liquid coloured graphite (green) which is rather nice too.
Happy WOYWW and I will email you my postal address. (And do send me yours too, please.)

Jackie said...

Love the tags and colours are just lovely
Happy 3rd anniversary
Jackie91
Http://scrapbangwallop.blogspot.com

Helen said...

I am loving my dylusions too - love what you have done here, but fancy hiding your ATC's, lol! Happy WOYWW. Helen 8

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Ros,

Your tags are just beautiful! I've never used the sprays before -- I'm very limited to my card crafting skills.

Hmm, I don't see my face as a follower - I'm going to sign up.

Happy WOYWW
Hugs,
Kay
#138

May said...

Lots of creation on your fab desk... love those sprays I have not tired the dylusions as yet!!! on my wish list... Hugs May x x x#4

Neesie said...

As a newie to WOYWW I'm watching the great ATC's swap with interest.
But I have so much to learn...dylusions for a start ~ I just wouldn't have a clue what to do but obviously you do.
Your work looks stunning.
Happy WOYWW Anniversary Ros ~ have fun! Neesie #14

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Love the colours you've used, especially the sunset sky! We had a beauty just like that the other evening when Rhys and I were driving home from band practise. It was really lovely!
Hugs, LLJ #65 xx

Angie said...

Love brayering ...except when i try it. lol .Happy 3rd woyww birthday.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I really like that sunset. It sounds like a fun technique. Happy day after WOYWW from #2.

Spyder said...

OMGoodness, all that lovely inking and stamping and your desk is soooo tidy and clean...mine's in a mess right now, more than usual!
Happy Crafting!
Happy 3rd WOYWW Anniversary!
Playing catch up coz there's never enough time!
((Lyn)) #92 ...I nearly wasn't there this week!

Queen Of Toys said...

I went to the same show, where abouts in Melbourne are you? can't say I really enjoyed the show that is another story.

Happy 3rd Anniversary WOYWW
Eliza #140
http://queenartoypia.blogspot.com.au/

Elizabeth said...

Apologies for being so late in getting around to visiting you, the Jubilee celebrations are to blame, but finally here. I could have sworn I'd visited you already - love what's going on on your desk. Elizabeth x #94