Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

18 June, 2012

Butterflies

I've enjoyed making a series of cards using this lovely stamp of butterflies. As some prints were sitting on the desk, the artist in my family spied it. What a lovely compliment that she should want me to make a card for her to send to some friends.

Butterflies flying to the light
The stamp is clear embossed on gloss card and then Colorbox chalks applied with Judikins colour dusters. It's matted on gold and then purple metallic card. I added a butterfly die-cut from card coloured with alcohol inks and tinted with Krylon gold leaf pen. In the context of last Wednesday, I have loved my small dies which cut such pretty items.

Hope you're travelling well.
Ros.

2 comments:

Redanne said...

Hi Ros, your card is absolutely gorgeous, I am a huge butterfly fan and love that stamp. Gorgeous colours too. A really beautiful card! A x

Neesie said...

Morning Ros,
What an exquisite card...I think your artist family member knew a good thing when they saw it!
'Flutterbyes' (as my daughter used to call them) are perfect and I love the colours.
Have you used salt to get the background effect? It looks very much like my silk paintings when I use salt.
Have a wonderful Wednesday and lets hope the sun continues to carry us through winter ;D