Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

22 June, 2012

Raining and Raining, Staying Indoors

In all, we had about 40mm of rain yesterday which was constant over about eighteen hours. Oh what a great day for being indoors and warm.

I had a crack at die-cutting using the technique shown in the video clip I posted on Wednesday. It worked a treat. The photo below shows the doyley cut out but still stuck to the die. Notice how many of the little bits have detached already. Most importantly, they are ALL cut well enough to prick out with no trouble. On the right is the alumnium sheet I used as an improvised metal plate. Of course it's cactus now so I will speedily invest in the proper plate.


Looking good after a number of passes with turns between each one.

Lummy, look at that. Very pretty. Here it is all clear of the debris.

And here is the reward at the end of the day. The fire is alight and I have fresh-from-the-oven sourdough bread, home made dukkah and locally grown organic extra virgin olive oil. Two women over on French Island have an olive grove and the oil is sooooooo good, as are the olives. I'll get some more on Sunday at the Farmers Market (if they are there this month).


 Did lots of arty organising but this post is just to get your taste buds going as well.

Cheers dears,
Ros.

5 comments:

Redanne said...

Hi Ros, that doily die is just amazing, so detailed, so beautiful and as for the bread, it is nearly lunchtime here and it has made me sooo hungry, looks delicious. It is raining here non-stop too, but it is meant to be summer here.........lol. Anne x

Samantha Elliott said...

I can smell that bread from here! Mmmmn! Nice doily too! Think we have the same rain - only it is your winter and our summer! LOL!

Neesie said...

Thankfully we don't have to carry on building the ark Ros, it's stopped raining here and the sun is making a few fleeting appearances. We're half way through the winter so not too bad because he...we could be in the UK having summer! Not the best by the sounds of it!
You sound all very cosy and settled with your yummy fresh bread and fire roaring.
What better way to spend the day than to create! Your doily looks fantastic. Don't you just love it?
The farmer's market sounds wonderful...we often visit them...which do you prefer?
Have a cosy weekend ~ enjoy! ;D

JoZart said...

Hi Ros, thanks so much for your lovely comments. It is strange how across the world you are having similar weather to us. Lots of flooding around the area too which, luckily, we've missed but at 15C last evening the heating was switched on!
For my birthday we visited a National Trust Tudor Hall, (where Shakespeare had performed) wonderful place and they always have good cafes within for lunch!
Germany was such a good trip and there are lots more pics in the drafts ready to post!
I'd love to know what dukkah is, please? I love good olive oil and we have ours shipped from an organic farm in Italy along with the BEST ever balsamic vinegar... La Vialla.
Love Jo x
off now to do a craft table with my friend at the German Church in our city centre.

JoZart said...

Thanks Ros... I'd love to have it as I'm sure it's something I'd LOVE to taste!! You are so kind!
There's always something new and exciting to try... y'day I helped my friend run a craft workshop at the German church fete in our city. We had Waldmeister Bowle, a herb/flower punch... amazing but I had a snooze when I got home!!!
Jo x