Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

20 June, 2012

WOYWW No 159

What's on the desk this week? Why would I pose such a question? Well the answer lies over at Julia Dunnit's Stmaping Ground where an international cluster of artists share views and comments about their work and their workdesks each Wednesday.

Thank you to the many people who came to call last week. I really do enjoy your comments and so many of them were very helpful and well as appreciative. I made a list and hope I managed to make a return visit so if I missed you, I do apologise.

Here is my first ever series of ATCs one of which has gone to my PIF person this very blustery morning.


ATCs and Prismacolour pencils.
 Here is some detail: using black heavy weight card, the floral design is stamped using Versamagic chalk in white. This is the best, most contrasty white I've found for stamping on black matt card.
The colouring is with Prismacolour pencils applied in layers with white pencil under lying the colours and for shading. The colour is smoothed and dispersed using a paper stub moistened with Gamsol.
These little cards are so appealing to me so I'm certain there are more to come. So pleased I decided to participate in this exchange, albeit a tad late ....but that's me. Always busy and a bit behind looking around.

Now with respect to the detailed die-cut business from last week, first of all, I had so many helpful hints from my callers to whom I say a big thank you.
Next, I have looked around and found a really helpful video clip on Joan's Gardens blog. If you're interested, follow the link to this post entitled "Video by Memory Box".   http://www.atjoansgardens.com/2012/05/video-by-memory-box.html.

Finally, I just want to welcome my new followers. Thank you for this compliment, and I hope you continue to enjoy coming along. Do say hello when you visit.

Enough!  Warmest regards,
Ros.

28 comments:

RosA said...

Hi Ros,
Prismacolour pencils! There's something else I have stashed away and haven't used properly! You inspire me to get them out, I think. I haven't put your ATCs in the mail yet, but will do so soon. I have been a bit distracted lately with workshops and projects :) Happy WOYWW!
RosA

Bridget Larsen said...

Those prisma pencils are really vibrant, gorgeous atcs
Bridget #3

Mark Willis said...

Hi Ros; Thanks for visiting my blog - and welcome! I hope we will be able to share some of our mutual love of gardening, in the future. And photography of course. Just browsing through some of your earlier posts I can see that this is something you enjoy too.

okienurse said...

Awesome ATC! Love the different colors and similarity of the three. Thanks for sharing. Vickie #23

Helen said...

fabulous atc's, so in the moment after our anniversary swap. have a good week, Helen 33

Redanne said...

Hi Ros, ooh I love your ATCs, they are quite stunning. I only have 6 prismacolours but I am certainly going to try this on black card. I use something called Zest-it, can't get Gamsol here, but it works. Thanks for the video pointer, will have a look. Have a good WOYWW, Crafty hugs, Anne x #43

craftymonki.com said...

Beautiful ATC's! I must try versamagic!

Happy WOYWW

Zoe #57

Hazel said...

Fab ATCs. Thanks for the opportunity of having a peep at your workspace - trying to make a few visits early this week! Hazel, WOYWW #87 x

scrappystickyinkymess said...

Interesting. Not tried the Versamagic in white but you seem to have gotten quite a good result. And I've read of the Gamsol technique but not tried it. Might need to break out the coloured pencils - you've inspired me.

Isn't that what WOYWW is all about?

Cheers!

Mary Anne (4)

Glenda said...

I signed up to follow your blog this morning. I just love all the things you are doing!
Glenda 101

Miriam said...

Fabulous atc's - love their colours.
#101

Laura said...

Wow, they are stunning. I have never tried colouring on to black before, I may have to get my pencils out too!
aura 94

SophieNewton said...

Beautiful artwork, I love the colours, thanks for sharing this fabulous technique
Sophie no.93

butlersabroad said...

It's fashionable to be late you know! I keep looking at Prisma pencils but can't make my mind up! I had decided on Derwent Inktense Watercolour ones instead but now you're making me think about Prosma's again, lol!! Love the Memory Box stuff, they have a great set of blogs where they show you all the stuff they've made and keep you up to date with the goings on.

Hugs
Brenda 2

TeddyBobCrafts said...

Happy WOYWW. What gorgeous ATCs. I have pencils on my wish list, so hopefully I will get some soon to play with. Ali x #61

trisha too said...

Well that looks like fun, I like your same-but-different atcs!

I didn't have much to show this week, so did
WOYWW--The Daughter Edition!

:)trisha
#143

Twiglet said...

Gorgeous ATCs - great technique. x Jo #84

Lavinia said...

Hiya Ros! Love the colours in your ATC's the black really makes the pop!...I am hoping my desk is done soon & I have some small bits of decorating to do too, mainly where my naughty cat Mr Binxz has scratched off the paper :( He gets away with way to much, but hey I do love him!!! Have a great week!
Lavinia #5
x

Neesie said...

Hey Ros you're ATC's look stunning.
It looks like you've had fun too.
I hope you're keeping cosy and dry today...thank goodness today means we are half way through winter!
I shouldn't complain because this weather could be like a UK summer (LOL)
Enjoy WOYWW ;D

Neet said...

With all the things that keep coming out on the market I forget about my coloured pencils. Must break them out! Especially having seen this beautiful work of yours. Love the effect! Do have to say I adore the one with the black fencing with the touches of white - stunning!
Thanks for sharing - Hugs, Neet #21 xx

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Hi there Ros ah yes so agree with you on beach walks not time today - love the atc's great go at them indeed! Thanks so much for popping over and thanks for sharing ~ happy WOYWW! Shaz in Oz. x #25

Debs said...

Lovely ATC's, they look stunning against the black background! Debs #135

Queen Of Toys said...

Those prisma pencils are really good, I have some that I have never used, I think I am going to have to get them out and give them a go now.

Thanks for sharing.

Happy crafting this week
Eliza #164
http://queenartoypia.blogspot.com.au/
Please respond only to the queenartoypia blog.

scrappymo! said...

Those are really lovely. I am thinking they would also be pretty on navy cardstock as well...I am envisioning stars etc!
Oh, so many ideas!!!

VonnyK said...

Your little Atc's are fantastic. The white really makes them stand out.
Really pretty.
Have a great week.
Von #28

peggy aplSEEDS said...

your ATCs are gorgeous! the white on black with the colored pencils are lovely! happy WOYWW!
hugs, #15 peggy aplSEEDS

CraftygasheadZo said...

Beautiful work with those pencils. Take care, am snooping still on Sunday, late but determined to get round more than I have for a few weeks! Zo xx 73

Judy said...

I love Prisma colour pencils for their waxy feel.You can combine them with Pan Pastels too.
Judy #78