Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

11 July, 2012

WOYWW No 162.

'Thank you' is the theme today - thanks to my lovely followers who called by during the week in spite of my absence last Wednesday. Oh what a busy and damp week we had but the sunsets were scrumptious.

Now this funny acronym - WOYWW - stands for What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday. If you want to know more, hop over to the centre of activity at Julia Dunnit's Stamping Ground.

'Thank you' is on the desk as well. I decided to make a few cards to put aside for sending thank you messages quickly. I've been stuck on butterflies for a little while now but after continuing my Stock Record, I found a lovely one to use again. In fact, now that I know what's in the stash, I probably don't need to buy another stamp ...erm, for a while anyway.

Here's the whole catastrophe to begin with
You can see from left to right, scrap paper pile, design in progress, inks and stamp cleaners of various sorts, cold tea, my little tool drawers, fine gold embossing powder, Judikins snap tray. Although this looks very crowded, I'm really pleased with my new arrangement. It's working better than for many months.

Zooming in a bit. I like to play with design on scrap (right) before going ahead with the creation.
The card design uses the same mask as last weekend's work. I used DIs, squeezed lemon, wild honey and tea dye. I sprayed the exposed area with Perfect Pearl and heat dried it before embossing the stamped design with fine gold powder. I then matted this with gold metallic card and mounted it on white gold card stock. The stamps are Stamp-It Butterfly plate and a little clear stamp 'thank you'. Dunno its DNA.

The finished article. You can just see the Perfect Pearl glitter.
I'm looking forward to making more of these with variations in colour scheme and dimensions. By the way, I've swapped the cold tea for a glass of sumptuous red.

See you around the traps.
Miles of smiles,
Ros.

20 comments:

Franka Benjaminsen said...

It's an interesting desk this week and all the elements you needed for the card are there. Love the cards you've made . The design is very elegant. I love butterflies too (see my post this week). Hope you have a crafty Wednesday. Bye, Franka #44

Redanne said...

Hi Ros, your desk is always so interesting, nice shots, so much to see. I really love that butterfly stamp that you found, it would be so useful for so many things........Happy WOyWW, Anne x #54

scrappystickyinkymess said...

Is Squeezed Lemon a seasonal ink? Love the name and I need something to add to Mustard Seed in the yellow range. Bet it's all sold out :) I am always late to the party....

:)

Mary Anne (2)

Sandy said...

Looks really lovely so rich in color. Sandy :) #39

Trish Latimer said...

Lovely summery shimmer to this! love it!Trish #68

RosA said...

Yes, I'd be swapping the cold tea for a glass of red, at this time of the day too. Is that a lazy susan with little buckets on it? How cool is that? Please, where did you get it? (I certainly need one of them!) Put something in the mail yesterday, hope you get it soon.
RosA #45

Spyder said...

That does look like a very useful stamp to have, In my 'tidying' I've found a few stamps I'd forgotten all about. Thundering and Lightening here! So whizzing round quickly! Might Have to shut down!! Have a great week! Happy WOYWW
((Lyn)) was #25

butlersabroad said...

"Won't need to buy another stamp for a while"!! Yeah right, let me know how that works out for you!! Nice tidy desk this week, and yes, we were out in the midday sun!!

Hugs
Brenda 3

nerllybird said...

Very pretty! You look very organised, hope it continues to work for you :D
Helen S #74

trisha too said...

Ros, that looks wonderful--that's a great stamp.

Thank you for stopping by!

:)trisha
#36

Hazel said...

Delightful card - very elegant. Thanks for a peep at your workspace. Hope you have a good week - Hazel, WOYWW #124 x

Samantha Elliott said...

Hello there Ros. Great looking cards on your busy desk this week! Liking the red buckets!
I strayed over to your other blog. Your Autumn looks wonderful, especially compared to our summer this year!

May said...

I love this stamp...What fantastic cards... beautiful!!! Hugs May x x x#8

Eliza said...

I am sure the internet does not do this card any justice as there must be glitter on there but its not showing up. The design is beautiful and the card perfect.

Thanks for sharing
Eliza

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Quite a lovely final product there. I am impressed that you can see the sparkle of the Perfect Pearls in the photo. It is a neat effect. I think a crowded desk is best. Too much empty space can be intimidating.

Darnell J Knauss said...

It's very beautiful, Ros! I'm glad you found an arrangement that you like and good luck with not buying anything new for a while!

Having done all the fairy jobs that needed doing around the estate, I'm enjoying some snooping! Thanks for coming by to visit me earlier! Darnell #34

Lunch Lady Jan said...

So, you were a hippy in Vancouver, huh?? Now THERE'S a tale that needs expanding - I want to hear more... :D

I am actually being quite restrained with the beads - I am dismantling a lot of the beady jewellery that I own first, to recycle a bit. A lot of my stuff will be going to the brass band I play for to raise some cash!

Like your desk today.. but I LOVE that butterfly card from the previous post. It is beautiful!
Hugs, LLJ ~57 xx

Craftychris said...

ooh your card is fabulous! and I so love that stamp! Your desk is so interesting. Thank you for visiting my desk and your nice comments on my card xx #105

Neesie said...

Yep, it's certainly been a wet one hasn't it Ros,
You've made beautiful cards Ros and I don't think being stuck on butterflies is a problem ;D
It looks like you like your tea just like me :D
Let's hope we see more of the sun this coming week. Whatever you get up to ~ have fun!

Shoshi said...

That's a most unusual card, Ros. Lovely stamp, and I love the subtle colours. A very interesting desk this week!

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #4