Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

05 August, 2012

Trellis and Vine

Last Wednesday on WOYWW, I showed on my desk the beginning of a design using a Dylusions stencil and a stamp I've had for ages that could pass for a vine. Here is the first completed card - I enjoyed refining it and feel certain there are more to come.

Trellis and Vine
The background is applied to hammered card stock with Distress salty ocean and mowed lawn. I used both masking and the stencil for this.

The main vine image diagonally across the card is embossed with Detail Black, coloured with Twinks and Liquid Pearls Flamingo. The other vines are stamped with Memento London Fog to make them recede and coloured with Lyra crayons. I edged the piece with mowed lawn then matted on light green metallic card.

Happy days,
Ros.

4 comments:

Samantha Elliott said...

Oooo! Pretty card there Ros.

Redanne said...

Hi Ros, I love the composition of your card and the way you have done the berries. Those DIs work so well together too and your card is beautiful. A x

Julia Dunnit said...

Worked a treat Ros, this is a super card. Colours are so nice.

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous I love this card ! Also it's wonderful to spring flowers when it's coming to the end of summer here. We live so far apart ! Shirleyx