Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

05 September, 2012

WOYWW No 170.

Hello WOYWW friends.


First I must give a big apology to those dear folk who visited me last week but had no reply from me in spite of best intentions. Please forgive, and thank you for your lovely comments. In case you are wondering, this is a Desk Hopping Day - What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday. The starting place is Julia's Stamping Ground so follow the link to enjoy (and maybe make sense of it ;-)).
I had my nose to the grind-stone in preparation for the U3A workshop on Monday. Happy to say it went well and all the participants left saying "See you next week" - always a good sign.

Next was the Paperific Show which I was determined not to miss so disciplined myself to work around it for Saturday. It was very worthwhile going, and fun to meet quite a few chums there. I spent quite a bit, some on new things and some filling some gaps for example, I added a couple of alcohol ink colours, bought envelopes and card stock, and added some Liquid Pearls. Here are a couple of interesting bits and pieces though.

Some new dies from Memory Box, Hero Arts and Cottage Cutz.
I've decided that the Memory Box system of putting small flat dies into envelopes is workable so have taken up the idea for other dies. At the back of the craft mat are three that I bought at Paperific and that I've just put into packets.

This is Spring Vine Wreathe with envelop ready. I find a glue stick and fine tweezers are great for placing tiny pieces.  

Michael Powell stamps are new to me.  Thought this one would be fun for Christmas.
I think this stamp promises to be very versatile and could be used whole or segmented to make three other pictures. What fun!

Today is wild and windy with the State Emergency Service on alert for fallen trees and lost roofs. What a contrast with yesterday which was sunny and full of green and yellow around the garden and the roadside verge. The sea is full of white horses and looks wonderful – I love the contrast of white and slate blue-gray.

Miles of smiles,
Ros.



21 comments:

sandee said...

Lost roofs...you don't hear that too often! Batten down the hatches and be safe mt friend, sounds like a good day to stay indoor and play with all your new goodies! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Bridget Larsen said...

You were very restrained at MPC, I would have spent much more than that hahahhaa
Bridget #30

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Ros dont you hate memory block, I was on a site earlier today and she was sharing her stash fro the show and it filled up her desk twice - am guessing you caught up together as saw a comment on one of her posts about it!! you know with fiddly dies if you put double sided tape on the aback when cutting out you dont need glue - but you might refer that as peel off the tape backing can be tricky if really fine, but not impossible ..
Great storing idea too!
Thanks so much for popping over and thanks for sharing ~ happy WOYWW! Shaz in Oz. x #48

Judys Fabrications said...

You've had the storms that passed over us too here in Adelaide.A bit scary wasn't it?
Thanks for yoyur nice comment on my blog Ros.

VonnyK said...

I love those goodies. I would like to get into stamps but there just isn't anywhere around here that does them. I love that stamp with the little beach huts. Hope you all survived the big winds and the sun comes back for you.
Have a great week.
Von #58

Buttons said...

Now I have die-envy :)) They are just great. You're gonna love using that Michael Powell stamp too. Warning - they become just a little addictive though! Hugs, Buttons #114

Redanne said...

Like Buttons above, I too am addicted to Michael Powell's stamps, they are all so beautiful but the beach huts small stamp is my favourite (have not seen the one you have). What fun Christmas cards they would make - I always think of snow at Christmas but having spent one Christmas in Oz I can see how they would work.......Happy WOYWW, Anne x #47

Eliza said...

Ros,

So sorry I missed you at the show, due to me going Friday and not Saturday. Looks like you enjoyed yourself and got some wonderful purchases and yes it is a good way to store the die cuts. I love Memory Box Dies. That stamp is amazing and you are right it can be divided many times over and still be wonderul.

The weather is dreadful and I have been out in it with the broadcast at Crown and now we are heading over to the docklands to continue thank goodness I am not down the coast getting blown away with sea spray. There was a massive car pile up on the freeway at lunch time on my way home and it took 2 hours to clear, I slept in the car waiting to get through, couldn't move anywhere. Dreadful it was and it is now getting worse. I do pray that no one gets hurt.

Happy crafting.
Eliza #20

May said...

O my word Keep safe sounds very scary...Love those dies I have that Michael Powell stamp not used it yet but it is fab I must say!! Regarding my stick pins.. I will use them on cards--gift boxes... and crafty gifts for crafty friends.. they are so relaxing to make I must say!! Have a safe week, Hugs May x x x#5

Katie said...

Looking good! Stay safe wit the weather. I just back from visiting my in-laws. Unfortunately the day before I arrived, a tree branch fell through a portion of their roof. Yikes!

Happy WOYWW!
~Katie (37)

Tertia said...

The wind is howling over here today too. Love those new dies and that stamp is fantastic!
Happy WOYWW!
Tertia #70

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I'm glad the U3A went well for you - sounds like a positive response anyway!
Love those dies, so pretty with the pearly colours. But I ADORE the beach hut stamp, I could live with that as a picture on my wall!! In fact, I want to come and colour in the bunting right now!! Put the kettle on, I'll be round in 5 *grin*
Hugs, LLJ #81 xx

Jojorenee said...

It's amazing to see how people work and create their crafts. Mika #146

EELS said...

Hello Ros, thanks for visiting me earlier, I'm just getting around to desks today as not feeling well with a sore throat courtesy of the germs daughter left me!

That's a different technique for storing dies, how do the envelopes stand up to the getting in & out though?

Also, I'd be interested to know how big your craft mat is please? Others I've seen also look so much bigger than mine which measures
45 x 38cm Could you leave me another comment or email me please?
Ta
Elaine #24

RosA said...

Hi Ros, Love that Memory Box die. I have one of theirs, which is gorgeous. I think I need some more :) Wish I was there to see those waves. Love the sea like that! RosA # 130

Darnell J Knauss said...

Hope you're safe there, Ros! Great job on the organizing and love that stamp! Have a great week! Darnell #93

l00pyscraftcreations said...

I have some lovely michael powell stamps, they're fun and quirky, lol. seems you were very restrained with your shopping, I cant do that lol, if I start, its a question of what gives out first........energy, show closing, or purse lol,
happy woyww
hugs Lou P #86

okienurse said...

Love the new dies and think I am going to have to look into purchasing the wreath one. I really like the new stamp too! I have gotten into to the artistic stamps here lately and love all the detail. Have a great week! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I love to hear from folks. Vickie #66

barbarabeesblog said...

this powell stamp is fantastic and I like how you add the colour - very beautiful!
Happy belated WOYWW BarbaraBee '148

JoZart said...

Love the look of your loaves!
Woo hoo Miss Dixie Bolitho has one one of my blogcandy prizes.... pop over to see. I need your email so we can make arrangements and discuss what you'd like me to make. I didn't know it was you till I looked through the comments!
Love joZarty x

Sue said...

Love your envelope Ros, so pretty. The dies are really beautiful and what a good idea for storing them.
have fun!
xx