Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

01 November, 2012

Firestar - the Rose

Here is the name of the rose I photographed yesterday but could not tell you its name - Firestar. It honours the Country Fire Authority volunteers and staff in Victoria, who fought the fires on 7th February, 2009. So many lives were lost, homes destroyed and beautiful countryside razed. It was such an awful day that I will not forget in my life-time.

Firestar - beauty, fragrance and meaning.

http://www.firestarrose.com.au/index.php/the-birth-of-the-rose/  This link will take you to the story of Firestar rose which might be of interest. Otherwise, just enjoy.

Miles of smiles,
Ros.



1 comment:

Sue said...

Such a fitting tribute to brave people...thanks for all the info on my little bird. You seem to be very knowledgeable...in lots of areas. Have a fun weekend Ros...
xx