Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

17 October, 2012

WOYWW No 176.

Greetings all. Lovely to have a couple of new followers - really appreciate you coming along and I do hope you enjoy the ride. Thanks to my visitors too. I do so enjoy our comments and some that to and fro.

I'm about to wizz out the door for dinner with university days friends. It's scary to count in decades instead of years since we've known each other and of course the decibels will rise as the evening progresses.

Here's the business...
I'm showing a picture of my desk because it's What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday. A great crowd of us start at The Stamping Ground courtesy of Julia and we leap around to as many of 150 desks as can fit into busy lives. Follow the link to satisfy your curiosity.

Most importantly this week, I have found a delightful man who runs the Australian office for Traplet Publications and have taken a subscription to Craft Stamper which will arrive On Time instead of two months late! Oh sweet! There are a few things I bought at Picture 2 Page recently including the Enamel Accents in black & white, some nice dies and a new small trimmer. No designing or making this week although there are a million ideas in the head. I have to tie it down sometimes.

Now for the garden...

The philadelphus is out, smells heavenly and the bees love it.
The other little growing project hiding in the laundry in the dark behind the clothes basket...

The Portobello mushies.  Aren't they cute?  And they're delicious.
Gotta flit. With any luck, I'll be just in between the school traffic and the peak hour. Will be back tomorrow afternoon so no visits from me until then my Lovelies but I'm sure looking forward to it.

Miles of smiles,
Ros.

15 comments:

RosA said...

Hi Ros,

Have a lovely dinner!
I really must subscribe to Craft Stamper, instead of buying it two months out of date at the newsagent!
I wonder if I could grow mushrooms in the laundry too?
Happy WOYWW,

RosA # 27

EELS said...

Hi Ros,
I like the look of that crafty stuff on the desk and I know you'll love the Tonic trimmer. I always wanted to grow our own mushies but somehow never got around to doing it.....they sure look delish!
Enjoy the get together.
Cheers, Elaine #19

Redanne said...

Hi Ros, like the look of that Memory Box die and the stamp set at the bottom. You are going to have lots of fun with that little lot. Great news about Craft Stamper too - my fav crafty magazine. Those mushrooms are coming along nicely! Hope you had fun with the friends. Happy WOYWW, Anne x #41

Sunshine Girl said...

Oooh I love mushrooms - not grown any for ages might have to now I have seen yours! Enjoy Craft Stamper on time! Thanks for sharing - Sunshine Girl no. 57

Sue said...

Oh wow...just look at the wonderful patterning on the top of those mushrooms. You are a very good green-fingered gardener. Don't worry about not making anything, as long as you are making things inside your head then you can put them to paper later.
Have a great week, Ros.
xxx

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Ros,

I hope your dinner was great. Isn't it amazing how time manages to slip by.

Your desk looks nice and neat. And how great that you've found a way to get your magazine on time!

Your garden photo is wonderful. I wouldn't have thought of growing mushrooms at home -- they look great. They'd be fun to draw -- maybe doodle in the tops!

Happy WOYWW
Hugs, Kay #18

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

I'm envying the Craft Stamper sitting on your desk :) Will see if Chocolate Baroque still have them in stock ! Have a great week, Shirleyx

sandee said...

I think I am most impressed with the mushrooms! What kind are they? Have you harvested any yet? They look like they are ready to be used, but the picture could be decieving. waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Brenda Brown said...

Oh I hope you are having a great time with your friends, how lovely to stay in touch. Thanks for sharing your creative space, looks like some fabulous new goodies and a CS magazine that you can have the same time as us in the UK sounds wonderful. Happy WOYWW and have a great end to the week.
hugs {brenda} xox #88

scrappymo! said...

Ahhhh the flowers blossoms were beautiful to my eyes. It is full on fall here...just a few scraggly blossoms in the garden!
I have never grown mushrooms but that looks interesting.
I love the look of that pretty blossom stamp and the memory box die!

belldoubleyou said...

That is some fabulous photography in your flower shot! I'm loving all the fun bottles and jars clustered behind your craft mat. "Pick me, pick me, use me on your project!" they say.

Enejy clemens said...

I love what you have in your desk, ready to do some art. Happy WOYWW!

VonnyK said...

You have some great goodies on your desk. Great to get a mag on time instead of waiting forever to get it from overseas. Love the look of those mushies, can see them fried up with an egg on toast. Yum.
Have a great week.
Von #43

butterfly said...

Lovely little pile of stash waiting to be opened up to play there! Gorgeous garden photo, and the mushrooms are looking good... Hope you had a great time with your university friends, and belated happy WOYWW!
Alison x
#31

Darnell J Knauss said...

Fun visit to you, Ros! Your mushes look so adorable, I think there must be fairies hiding under the caps!

You have fun new stash to play with when you got back from din-din with the old, and I do mean old, friends! Well, you said it. I can dare be sassy because I'm in the same boat! I'll beat you had a blast!

Thanks for coming by to visit me already! I hope you have a great week! I'm still WOYWWing my way around ... Darnell #35