Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

25 October, 2012

WOYWW No 177.

Hi people. Thanks to all for your comments. I'm having Such A Busy Fortnight so apologies for neglecting my followers and friends.

My Wednesday desk is somewhat creative this week. For those who wonder why a post about the desk...this is what we Desk Hoppers do on Wednesdays starting over at Julia's Stamping Ground. I'm writing this at some ungodly hour on Wednesday morning but not posting it until Mr Linky goes up. In the meantime, I'm leaving Early for Melbourne to go to a concert at the Grandies' primary school. Breakfast in near the school beforehand so that we beat the %$#&@*!!!!  traffic.

The desk: left is the mask cut from an old overhead, above it is the Itty Bitty stamp, and some versions.
All the panels are Distress Inked with the mask, then heat embossed, and finally painted with Twinkling H2O colours. The middle one made a lovely birthday card - more tomorrow.

This is posted way after it was written but I'll just do it anyway. Please, please, do remember to add your Mr Linky number so that I can find you in the list a bit faster. Thank you again for comments.

Miles of smiles,
Ros.

17 comments:

Mary Walker Designs said...

Stopping by from WOYWW. Pretty cards, love your kitties too they look so comfortable.

Eliza said...

Ros,

Those cards are really lovely, brilliant creation. Hope the grandies concert was worth the trip into the big smoke.

Eliza 88

triciasconfetti said...

Catching up from WoYWW. Love the cards you have made. Have to have a go at the mask technique.
Tricia 105

Lisa said...

Your cards are lovely. Have fun at the Grandie's school.
LisaDV #164

Dangina Martinez said...

Gorgeous stamped images. I wish for your large selection of emboss and glitters.
Hugs, Dangina #156

Sue said...

I am in a bit of a rush too..but I love those gorgeous little things you have made. That flower stamp is very 'moreish'...I love it!
Have fun what ever you get up to.
Thanks for your last comment and the info on your colourful bird population. We don't have bee-eaters here. We can't afford the bees:)
xxxxx
Have a fun week, I am dashing off to London for baby sitting and shopping.
xx

Anne said...

Great cards - I have that stamp might have to dig it out. Thanks for sharing. Sorry I'm late. Anne #147

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh I understand Ros, these past two weeks have been stupidly busy for me, almost getting cross about it now! love the variation suite, so pretty.

scrappymo! said...

Wonderful card...love the various colours...these would make great gift pack cards...tied up with a bit of twine or raffia!

Laura said...

I love the design and execution of your cards. The softness of the inked background and the brightness of the H2Os. I don't have any of those and am feeling quite tempted to adopt some. :) I'm planning Christmas cards and want to do something pretty, but not too time-consuming. Happy WOYWW (on Thursday evening, my time) from Laura #155

Shoshi said...

I love using stencils and masks like this, Ros - with Inkylicious Ink Dusters it's just fabulous! I adore those cards with the flower stems extending beyond the stencilled background - soooo stylish - must do some more of this - you've really inspired me!

Thank you for your lovely comment, and for missing me during my absence - I am feeling quite a bit better now and although energy is in short supply, Mr. Mojo is still hanging around and hasn't yet departed again in disgust at my extended periods on the recliner!!

Glad you like my tyger too - have you seen my subsequent post with the completed page? I'm quite pleased with how it turned out, as this was the first time I'd painted anything like this.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #2

EELS said...

Hi Ros, love the pretty stamp and I must have another go at masking, you've inspired me. Enjoy the weekend.
Cheers, Elaine #32

Angie said...

These are gorgeous ...I dont use masks but i think i should looking at these ...and the stamp is beautiful too.
I have just popped over to see your feline family ... they are so purrfect ... especially Pumpkin.xx#79

Robin Spitzer said...

These are beautiful, love how you extended the stem past the edge...I love H2 0's. beautiful work!

Spyder said...

Love the cards...This is great and easy too, I will have to have a go! Thank you for my snoop, have a great crafty week!
HaPpY Late WOYwW!
((Lyn))
#25

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I love those three little pots full of metallic colour - I'd quite fancy a dress in that green! 1930s style, fishtail skirt, neckline not too low....whaddya think??
And furtle is such a great word. It's funny what tickles your fancy (or not). For example, I love the word 'bongo', I fall around in band whenever that instrument is discussed (it's ok, they're used to me now...!) but absolutely detest the word 'gusset'. Can't explain, it just rankles...
I think we should start an awesome word chain around the world :D

Hugs, LLJ xxxx

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I like all 3 variations of your print. They all have a very elegant feel. Blessings