Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

31 October, 2012

WOYWW No. 178 A Pot Pourri

Greetings dear WOYWW Folk. Sorry I missed so many people last week, but be assured I really loved the comments that came along and trust that I returned the compliment and visited more besides. Thinking of all the people on the US east coast trying to manage without power and every other drama following the super storm. What feelings of absolute impotence this must bring. My thoughts are with you.

The weather's been warm here. In fact it was up around 30C, and I found myself dripping with perspiration whilst gardening for the first time this season. Not a pretty sight for either the by-stander or for me looking through small pools of salt water at the weeds I'm pulling out. The rewards are broad beans and rhubarb, all gorgeous and more lovelies on the way.

Not a lot is different on my desk this week. Here are a few of the variations that came along after the card I did for my friend's birthday. This photo just shows the panels but they look fine as finished cards and some have already gone to friends to say Thank You for lovely dinner parties.



Christmas cards are cranking up and I've been playing with a new set of dies for greeting messages. I just cut them out of paint colour swatches from the hardware paint department (Bunnings for the locals, naturally). It's a bit boring and the rest of my desk looks the same as usual but at least I'm getting on with it.



I took a photo today of this lovely rose we have in the garden. It was bred to commemorate the Black Saturday fires in 2009 and is so beautiful in both colour and fragrance. So happy it's doing well.
I can't recall the name but I'll pop it in tomorrow morning.


Must away to bed. I'm done in tonight, but looking forward to another day of gardening, walking on the beach, and exploring desks. If you wonder about this desk business, it's all about snooping in a world of desks starting with Julia at the Stamping Ground.

Cheers,
Ros.

23 comments:

Lou said...

Those cards are beautiful and what a fab idea to cut words out of paint swatch cards might have to try that one.

Happy WOYWW

Lou #105

Lindsay Weirich said...

wow, love those cards, great design! happy WOYWW! Lindsay #97

Annie said...

I'm sat reading my WOYWW blogs on my sick bed this week but have my mask on so you don't catch anything. I'm enjoying reading what everyone is up to this week [it's better than reading magazines :-) ]. I'm leaving a copied comment so you know I've called by because my hands are too weak and shaky to keep typing out my comments this week.
Big hugs,
A x #93

Franka Benjaminsen said...

Always nice to read and find out the differences between our countries. Here the sun is shining, but there is a hard wind and cold. Not really the perfect weather for gardening. The rose you showed on your blog is beautiful. I like roses and want to plant as much as possible in our garden. Your cards are wonderful too. The colours are nice and warm and they give a feeling of depth. Thanks for sharing and hope you have a nice WOYWW day. xFranka #49

BJ said...

Love your cards and yes I really must get on with Christmas. BJ#33

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Ros. Lovely cards on your workbench today!! love the simplicity of them.. and that rose yum!! that is soooo awesome - goota tell me the name.. i have rule in my rose garden though they must smell as good as thy look - so does this one??
And yes am a sucker for coloured pencils arranged neatly each time am finished with them that is the way they go!!
Thanks so much for popping over and thanks for sharing ~ happy WOYWW! Shaz in Oz. x #37

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful cards & Rose ! I'm looking at piles of wet leaves on the lawn here ! Have a great day, Shirleyx

Tamika said...

I've been thinking of getting that die! The photograph of the flower is lovely everything is turning brown here and its been gloomy since the hurricane has passed. Tamika #112

Helen said...

I would find it so hard to "do" Christmas in that heat, but I suppose if you only know that way....! Love the cards, they are fabulous. Have a great day. Helen, 4

MaggieC said...

Thank you for your visit yesterday to look at my Snippets card. I still cannot decide if I like it or not, but I am sending it anyway. I love your ideas of using paint charts, I have a stash of them in a drawer to use for anything I can think of, so that is another idea for that lot. Thank you for showing your rose, it is so beautiful especially as ours are all on their way out for this year. Have a good week. xx Maggie #44

donnalouiserodgers said...

last Saturday I was chatting to my Cousin in Perth - in his shorts and tee shirt, said it was a tad chilly at 34 degrees,

hmmm it's 3 degrees Centigrade here,

your rose is so beautiful and the sunshine so glorious,

and your desk is very productive,

I think I may be envious...

dx 70

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I love that blobby ended flowery sprig stamp you've been using lately - it's so versatile!! Those cards are great. And the rose is gorgeous - hold it a bit closer, I can almost smell the scent from here... :D
Hugs, LLJ #68

PS Don't mention 30C please...it's been grey and dreich here ALL DAY!!!

MaggieC said...

Just a quick revisit. The Triple chocky thing was an ice cream container that I rescued when it was empty to put gilding flakes in. The chocolate ice cream was eaten with hot custard - really yummy. I actually bought the book because I was having so much trouble getting the skies I wanted. Thanks for your visit. xx Maggie #42

Caz said...

Love those cards!! I'm just starting christmas cards - not got very far though, what a good idea to cut out the words from paint samples!
Have a good week
Caz
#137

Angela Coles said...

beautiful Rose, and fabulous cards.
Thank you for visiting me last week. This week I'm at #138

TeddyBobCrafts said...

Happy WOYWW. I am so jealous of your weather. It has been cold and wet here all day. I love those cards. Gorgeous stamp. Ali x #52

Tammy said...

Fabulous cards! I haven't started Christmas cards yet - I feel behind already! LOL. Gorgeous rose. Happy WOYWW! Tammy #106

Darnell J Knauss said...

Beautiful thank you cards and rose, Ros! I also scrolled down and saw you mailbox haul of goodies! FAB!!

sandee said...

No flowers here, Fall is melding into winter for the next couple of days so your rose was appreciated to look at! Cranking Christmas up over here too! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Samantha Elliott said...

Beautiful cards and that rose is a stunner. How lovely to be seeing roses now....all we have is damp leafy things! Could do with some colour other than holly berries!
xx

trisha too said...

Lovely cards, Ros, and a gorgeous rose--we are heading into fall, but have a couple roses still, and yesterday I noticed there were still some wild honeysuckle blooms, of all things!

:)trisha
#32ish this week

JoZart said...

Great stuff there Ros. Love the TY s and the rose is stunning... but perspiration.......???? What's that? I think I might find out around June 2013 or I could turn up the central heating!
Have a great weekend.
Must fly, Donna has just arrived.
Love Jo x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

That is such a big, beautiful rose, the Firestar. I love the botanical swatches for your cards. Your embossing is so smooth! They look great and I'm sure made lovely cards. Congrats on getting started on the Christmas cards. Using paint swatches is a good idea as they are sturdier than regular card--great for those delicate words.