Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

05 February, 2013

Mask and Blend...and some Kraft.

I had a couple of 'Thank You' cards to make and decided to make a series of cards using a Memory Box stamp of a spider's web. It's a fine line stamp which I thought would be great with masked and blended backgrounds after the style of Heather Telford.

Memory Box stamp "Web and Willows"
This mask is one I cut by hand and have used before. The blended colour is Distress Inks and the matt is a Perla metallic card in dark green. I did a few of these, some stamped with just Indian Ink black and a couple embossed with Judikins Granite EP. It's hard to tell from the photo, but the embossing gives just a hint of glitter as on a dewy morning.


Habitat tree on a hot day!
This is done with the same mask and a stamp called 'Broken Tree' by Stamp-It. I combined some mustard seed DI with Sunflower Sparkle Perfect Pearls to create a mist. It could be a finer spray but at least you can see it in the picture. The matt is more Perla metallic card in a yellow gold.

Here's a little info about these old trees. I like to call this stamp Habitat Tree because these old trees are very precious.  It's taken us a couple of centuries to work out that 60% of our birds and 40% of our fauna live in tree hollows. It can take 50 to 100 years to make these homes for all these flying and hopping folk, so it's important not to just clear them and burn them for firewood. In the Western District of Victoria there are signs along the roads saying that dead trees are protected for the Red-tailed Black Cockatoos which are threatened for want of habitat trees.

More sponging with different masking.
This time I used torn paper, sticky notes and both sides of a punched semi-circle for masking a sunrise for my Habitat Tree. The panel is mounted on Kraft card stock and lines drawn with white pen. Julia, I think your Kraft Kraze must be catching.

Thanks for looking in everyone - I do enjoy your comments.
Smiles,
Ros.

4 comments:

EELS said...

Ros these are all perfect, just the ticket for 'thankyou' cards.
Cheers, from Qld
Elaine

Julia Dunnit said...

Well I would take credit of course Ros, you know me...but I can't, the Kraft is but a carrier for your beautiful artworks, love how you get the blending so beautiful. Bu they, if the Kraft influence is spreading, maybe I'll be able to use something else any day now!! Thiose Memory Box stamps are jsut beautiful..didn't know there were images in their range. Ooh errr.

Carola Bartz said...

eautiful cards, Ros. I love their simplicity - I know they're anything but simple, but they look so clean and "simple", exactly the style I enjoy. And I love trees anyway, so I had to like these cards, right?

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ah LOVE these card Ros (did ya hear that??)

Superb CAS but CAS is rarely simple!!! love them all but think top two are fav., love Shaz in oz.x