Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

28 March, 2013

Bookmarks with Finishing Touches

Today I put the finishing touches to the bookmarks I was playing with on Wednesday. So, these extra bits and pieces were:
  • glue the whole onto 100gsm paper to give some extra weight and to hide the inky mess on the back,
  • cut the bookmarks to size,
  • stamp with DRD string sentiment,
  • use a fancy punch to make holes for the tassels,
  • round the corners,
  • add white tassels.


I think these are a good prototype for bookmarks to put with book-ish gifts, add to cards as an embellishment or just use as a gift tag.

Have a great weekend. We are having rain - hip hip hooray. Everything in the garden is looking green and perky again.

Ros.

9 comments:

Buttons said...

Ros those are gorgeous. Didn't have time to get to WOYWW this week so I'm off now to see how you did the background paper as it is fabulous. Hugs, Jenny x

Gill Edwards said...

Oh they are so nice Ros. I love the colours and patterns. Im still an old fashioned gal when it comes to reading and can never find my bookmarks as i have too many books on the go.

Gill x

EELS said...

Ros these are gorgeous...love 'em

Elaine

Lunch Lady Jan said...

It must be something to do with the rain dance you were doing in your garden! Either that or the bracken rhubarb umbrellas wanted to show their mettle..... ;)
LLJ xxxx

Carole M. said...

very very nice to see finished Ros'

Gill Edwards said...

Hi Ros,

I really love your blog and have nominated you for a Liebster Award. the details are on my blog

http://stampinglemons.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/liebster-blog-award-no-2.html

Gill x

zue said...

Ros, these are so pretty...lucky books!
I have some shredding to do too.
hope you are having fun!
xx
sue

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful bookmarks, I love the layers of stamping and the colour! Great idea. Have a wonderful day, Shirleyx ps..thanks for your kind words at my blog:)

Micupoftea~ said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Love the white ink on black paper (post below) and the fun idea to use a decorative punch as a hole for the book mark tassel- clever! I see you are a fan of Distress Ink, as am I. I used to moderate/host an Inking group for a scrapbook ning site.
Have a great weekend,
Shawn