Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

22 March, 2013

On Paws of Silver

I had an idea, a politically incorrect idea in this country however one that is part of the romance of  that lovely poem by Walter de la Mare called "Silver". The idea of adventuring independently by moonlight has some appeal so of I went with my white on black theme.

Paws of Silver is cut with a Memory Box die.

I used similar sponging techniques as in my WOYWW post on Wednesday but the moon and clouds are a StampScape stamp which I've smudged a bit, and I also added some high-lights with a white gel pen. The panel is matted on a very light silver metallic card, and here's a little surprise - I've put the beginning of the 'story' on the back.

Another Memory Box die. I think they have cat shapes exactly right.
I made it into a card but perhaps it could be canvas or go in my art journal with a fold out piece. Mmm.  Food for thought. Hope you enjoy your weekend.

Miles of smiles,
Ros.

A little footnote:  there are people in Australia (elsewhere too?) who love to hate cats. They talk about how evil they are when they escape, go feral, and kill our vulnerable wild life in droves. All this is true except that it's the humans who mismanage them!!!  On this subject, I'm happy to decry the irresponsible humans. 

7 comments:

RosA said...

Yep, ditto, about cats. I love, love cats but they really should be supervised. And kept indoors at night. My sister has two big, fluffy, Australian Tiffanies and they are indoors 24/7 mainly to be found on dining chairs hidden by the tablecloth.
Love your card! Very atmospheric!
(BTW, love to do ATC swap.)
Thanks for your kind comment on WOYWW.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh Ros, I adore that card...that is my favourite these many months. I could live with that on my wall...seriously. Given that I enjoy colour, why am I always attracted to monochrome pictures, they just do it for me. The cat on the back and the paw print trail are a fab touch.

You are very clever!

And I love that poem too :)

Xxxx

Redanne said...

Hi Ros, now that I look again, it is not the same tree at all, silly me. This picture is gorgeous and I love you made the cat walk outside the picture - a very clever touch and so beautiful. Hugs, Anne x

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful artwork, great scene and I love the little paws on the back!

Thanks for your note at my blog, I enjoyed hearing about real Leafy Sea Dragons. I actually didn't look at a photo of an actual sea dragon until after I read that I used the correct colours. Funny how that happened!

You've lived/live in wonderful areas of the world, interesting! Have a great weekend, Shirleyx

Sue said...

This is just lovely!
I like everything about it!

Cats have a duality about them. Fluffy and cuddly and also mass murderers.

I have one which was a stray, but I hate the killing nature.

Xxxxx




sandee said...

Oh my word, I LOVE your card, especially the way it starts on the back and then looks like he is walking out of front of the card! Aren't you clever!! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Spyder said...

Love this cat card!!
((Lyn))