Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

13 April, 2013

Pan Pastels Playtime

I've been experimenting with the new PanPastels which arrived during the week. I bought two sets which give me some limited colours but enough to get hooked start with.

Let me just digress to say thanks to those generous souls who left me some wonderful comments on my WOYWW post this week. BIG thank you.

Experiments with yellows and magenta on both plain and ice gold card.
Here are three samples which show on the left, the shading of yellow/orange then the astrology wheel is stamped with black Versamagic. I trimmed it with a circular die cutter. Not shown in this photo, the astrology wheel looks fine with some vintage photo DI around the edges.

The piece at the top of the picture started with yellows graduating to pink/magenta shades. The Magenta stamp was close at hand so I used that with Versamark and then dusted it with dark green PanPastel. So far, so good.

Next I sprayed both pieces with workable fixative and when dry, reached for the Twinks to paint the floral stamp. I sponged the lower corners with magenta PP and added the Liquid Pearls. The little sample was also fixed as the PP rubs off the sparkly surface of the ice gold card very easily. It looks more effective in reality than in the picture.

Well, sad to say for my hip pocket, I have started a love affair with PPs. Think I'll print a colour chart of them and choose a set of say, 20 or 24 based on a range of coloured pencils that I think looks pretty adequate. That will keep me happy without going bankrupt.

Miles of smiles,
Ros.

5 comments:

scrappymo! said...

What lovely, scrumptious colours you chose..I have seen them used a few blogs and I always like the look of them. Your little floral composition turned out so lovely!

zue said...

Brilliant. They are very versatile, aren't they?
Thanks for explaining all the techniques you used.

I really like all these effects you have created, great work!
Xxx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful card & 'painting' with your new PP. I love them as well, but don't get them out enough, I need more colours :) Thanks for the inspiration! Shirleyx

RosA said...

Well, that's interesting. Lovely colours and they blend nicely, by the look of things? I'll await further experimentation :)

Buttons said...

Love your experimenting here Ros. I'm new to PP's too and this is so inspiring. Hugs, Jenny x