Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

08 May, 2013

WOYWW No. 205... After Paperfic.

Greetings friends, followers and desk hoppers.

It's a pleasure to make time to be here again. The weeks have flown past and I've "hardly had time to scratch meself" as they say in the classics - or wherever they say that. ;-)

Last weekend was another Paperfic show which I thoroughly enjoyed once I got there!  With the change of date, Paperfic was at the Melbourne Show Grounds at the same time as the Home Show. Epsom Road was a carpark and hundreds of cars in the queue made it 45 minutes to get to the gate. I did a work-around, crossed the river twice, came in the back way and got into the right gate. Oh my very word, what a pain it was.

Once inside, lovely atmosphere, lots to see and peeps to catch up with.

I watched Leslie at Little Bits doing a water colour stamping trick with a plastic sponge sheet.

I have reorganised the desk to create more work space and make some things more accessible. Bliss on a stick! 

Here's the desk this week.  From left to right, two stamped images using the water based dye ink (Marvy) picked up from the 5mm plastic foam sheet which is next on the craft sheet looking a bit pale. The reason for this is that I rolled the kitchen paper over it to lift off the ink and it left the impression of the paper towel. Gelli plate method immediately struck me so pressed a piece of card onto it and picked up the impression - next on the craft sheet. You can see the roll of towel at the back. It will make a pretty background.  On the right is the stamp I used, a couple of Bic ballpoints which breed in dark corners, and the Marvy Matchables.  You can also see a few autumn leaves and some red metal foil I picked up for $1 the other day.

Well that's it for now. Gotta prepare for coaching someone for her Award lecture. Great honour for her but hard work too, so hope we get well along the way. If you're wondering what this desk caper is about, drop over to the Stamping Ground and peruse the army of artists who share their desks each week.

All the best,
Ros.

17 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Which classic was that then?? White Fang maybe?? Grin.....

So goad you got the show eventually and had a good time. The bright blues you're working with are lovely, just like the UK skies have been this past weekend... Heavier today is back to British Grey...sigh :)
Hugs, LLJ 34 xxxx

Annie said...

Sounds like your had a good day out at the Paperfic show. :-)
Hugs,
A x # 53

Sue Zue said...

It is so satisfying to use up kitchen roll soaked in delicious ink. I never throw anything like that away.
You seem to be enjoying a hectic life.
Keep with it...
Your tidiness is very envy forming!
Xxx
Sue
(I hope you know who this is.....had google issues and my profile is odd to say the least.)

Wishes from Oxford.

Karen said...

Love the colours on your workdesk. Here's it's "Dingy grey" and getting darker by the minute. Happy WOYWW! Karen 68 x

The Taming of the Glue said...

Glad the show was worth the effort. I love playing with inky backgrounds as well. Happy WOYWW. Pam#23

Candace said...

looks like you had a fun day

Thanks for sharing your crafty space and have a great week

Happy Crafting
Candace #64

Heather Alger said...

Lovely colour and pattern with your ink work :)
Looks like you have been super busy saw your lovely recipe as well in an earlier post - Thank you x
Have a beautiful week WOYWW Heather #74

glitterandglue said...

You are certainly having fun out there in Oz - glad you so enjoyed the show.
The lovely blue skies which so matched your photo are coming and going here in North Wales today. Stunning over the weekend - but wild winds and patchy colours here - the spring blossom will disappear fast if this continues..
Have a great week.
Margaret (glitterandglue)

Ria Gall said...

Hi Ros
us crafters will always go that extra mile I am just so glad you enjoyed it once you got there.
I love what you have been playing with on your desk and how you have taken several images from it using different mediums
Thanks for sharing your desk today, Happy WOYWW hope you have a great week
Ria #42

Shaz Brooks said...

Love all the bits & bobs on your desk, and that blue is gorgeous.Have a great week, Hugs Shaz #118 xx

Julia Dunnit said...

I don't think I've read that one yet...would you recommend it?!! Your desk as usual, a haven of tidy inspiration and what a fab colour you're using. I'm a Marvy matchables fan..have quite a collection but they don't seem to be available here any more.

Maxam Made said...

great colors!!Thanks for sharing!Have a great week! Ginny #120

okienurse said...

great looking desk Ros! I wonder how it would be to have more then 6x6" to craft in...heaven I am sure. Sounds like the show was a pain but a lot of fun at the same time. I am planning on going to a show down in Dallas the 6 June and I am dreading and looking forward to it at the same time. Hope you have a great week and thanks for sharing! Vickie #36

Neet said...

Hi Ros, glad you went to the show, I am due to go to one on Saturday - not sure I want to but will be glad when I do. Hopefully!
I played with a Gelli plate last week, not all that convinced as I am not sure how many backgrounds I want. Glad you enjoyed your play and it sounds like my kind of play too.
Take care, have a good week.
Hugs, Neet xx 17 (and Flat Susan)

artatag said...

Looks like a lot of fun, working at this neat workspace! Thanks for sharing.
Gabriele #112

Eliza said...

Ros,

Sounds like you had fun once you got into the place, unfortunatley I didn't get to the show, I will most likely be popping into the Burwood show this weekend coming. You should try and get there if you can. Great desk and yes that technique with the sponge is a clever one, I have the foam just never seem to get around to doing it. Ah well that's life.

Thanks for popping in to say hi, hopefully we can catch up soon.

Hugs Eliza & Yoda 50

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Ros yup me same re not getting around much...

.. oh your talk of Papaertific made me turn quite green as would love to go there - and thanks so much for sharing your gelli plate method if you wnat to drop me line, I have a gelli pad recipe which would be fine I reckon for gelli plate - we used them when teaching infants school, just have not tried it but reckon it would be just fine and heaps cheaper.
love Shaz.xx
PS as have ingredient here is it s on my to try list :D