Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

28 June, 2013

Friday Smiles and Pumpkin Soup

Hello Smiling Folk.  It's Friday again, and a few of us link in with Wipso for a few end-of-the-week smiles.

Here's a picture to show you that the rogue pumpkin that I posted last month has produced some delicious soup. Very warming.

Isn't it a great colour?
It's sunny here today although quite cold. I love these sunny winter days we've had recently and we had such lovely weather last week during my little holiday in Merimbula as well.  Thus my absence from Blogland.  Mind you, it poured with rain on the way through Gippsland to the south coast of New South Wales and the Brodribb River was a lake.  A few photos of that very soon.
Here's something more to make you smile which came from a friend this week. It's about travelling too.
                                                                *************

I have been in many places, but I've never been in Cahoots. Apparently, you can't go alone. You have to be in Cahoots with someone.

I've also never been in Cognito. I hear no one recognises you there.

I have, however, been in Sane. They don't have an airport; you have to be driven there. I have made several trips there, thanks to my friends, family and work.

I would like to go to Conclusions, but you have to jump, and I'm not too much on physical activity anymore.

I have also been in Doubt. That is a sad place to go, and I try not to visit there too often. I've been in Flexible, but only when it was very important to stand firm.

Sometimes I'm in Capable, and I go there more often as I'm getting older.

One of my favourite places to be is in Suspense! It really gets the adrenalin flowing and pumps up the old heart! At my age I need all the stimuli I can get!

I may have been in Continent, but I don't remember what country I was in; maybe I was in Discreet! It's an age thing, you know.
 
Hope you enjoyed this - I think it's quite clever.

Have a lovely weekend.
Ros.

6 comments:

Robyn Oliver said...

yep Ros I did have a chuckle, quite good and the pumpkin looks wonderful..better than the shop bought ones that aren't orange to the edge...we love pumpkin soup here and have been making our Friday evenings soup night and footy (for hubby)... I've been doing a spot of knitting and crochet something I haven't done for years. We're having glorious weather here too in Yeppoon. Cheers and have a lovely weekend

tilly said...

thank you so much for this Friday funny, it has made my day..... I got back from Darwin this morning to a wet and miserable 10 degrees, !!!!!
Tilly

RosA said...

Hi Ros,
Well I did have a bit of a chuckle about all the "places" you have "been" to. I think I might have visited some of them too!
Is that Jap or Kent pumpkin? I like to use a mixture of Butternut and Jap for soup, but have not been able to get Jap for a while now. It can't be the "wrong" season for it?
RosA

Annie said...

Hi Ros that is just brilliant....I have a feeling I've been to several of those places....It's a wonder I didn't see you there ;-)
Hugs,
A x
ps love the pumpkin too

Elizabeth said...

Hi Ros, this certainly did make me smile and I've definitely been to a few of the places listed :)) Elizabeth xx

Caro said...

I love the travel diary... been to several of those places over the years! That pumpkin looks yummy. Thanks for the smile. Caro x (#4)