Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

06 July, 2013

Friday Smiles with Annie

Hi all,

Hope your week has been interesting and content.  Mine has been and continues tonight with friends coming round for a cinema night. Not that I have one of those cinema sitting rooms.  I just have a big-ish TV and turn the lights down.

Now here are a couple of smiles.  The first is a light and easy photo of pink gum blossom in my garden. 

The bees love these gum blossoms, too.
Another little smile for the day is this comedy story.  I love double-entendres.

"The world is just getting too complex for me. They even mess me up every time I go to the grocery shop.  You would think they could settle on one thing or another instead of suddenly asking "Paper or plastic?" Every time I check out, it just knocks me for a loop.  I bought some of those cloth reusable bags to avoid looking confused, but I never remember to take them with me.

Now I toss it back to them. When they ask me, "Paper or plastic?" I just say, "Doesn't matter to me. I'm bi-sacksual."  Then it's their turn to stare at me with a blank look."

Have a smiley weekend,
Ros.

9 comments:

Robyn Oliver said...

love the story ... I'm trying really hard to remember to take my shopping bags. The Pink gum blossoms are beautiful..I love our native flowers. Having a super weekend myself, been skyping with stamping friend all afternoon...enjoy your evening with friends :-) Robyn

mamapez5 said...

I love that! We don't get the option here, but we have to pay 5 cents for a plastic bag and that still doesn't make me remember to take mine from the car into the shop!
The gum tree flower is beautiful. I didn't know it looked like that. Kate x

Angie said...

Like you I invested in cloth bags ...that seem to remain at home everytime I shop ....but our expression for the bags you get at the shop is 'carrier bags',so the confusion is not there.!!!xx

Carole M. said...

who thinks these up? :)! Love your pink gum blossoms; what a treat there Ros

Twiglet said...

Lol - me too! That gum blossom is stunning. x Jo

MaggieC said...

I love it. Your comment there gave me a real smile today. I have loads of hessian and other "green" bags, but always forget them. Most of my shopping these days is delivered, in plastic bags, but I always recycle them back with the next delivery. I was never very good with electrical equipment when I was young - it always went up in smoke. xx Maggie

JoZart said...

I love your funny story Ros! The gum tree blossom is stunning and something I've never seen before. We are getting better in England re bags. I'm used to taking my own bags as my DD being in Germany for 15 years has got me trained. You just don't get asked there as they don't give them at all in most places.
Jo x

Angela Coles said...

beautiful flowers

glitterandglue said...

Lovely photo, Ros. Great story!! We are getting used, here in Wales to taking cloth bags with us - otherwise we have to pay for any plastic carriers we get from the shop. Sort of sharpens the memory!!
Margaret