Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

05 July, 2013

WOYWW No 213. ATCs Revealed. Thank you.

Greetings all. I have so enjoyed the last month of acknowledging and celebrating WOYWW-4. From little things, big things grow including sharing and skills, friendships and works of art. Thank you Julia and friends. If you wonder about this sharing of desks, follow this link to the Stamping Ground to learn more.

I've been flat out dealing with end of the financial year and two weeks of virus on the chest. Oh for some preventative red flannel undies! Also had a week's holiday on the south coast of New South Wales (adjoining State to Victoria) which was a joy. Beautiful beaches, interesting history and good friends up there.

On my desk this week were my lovely ATCs received during the last two weeks and left to languish there.  So here they are revealed. Thank you so much to the dear folk who sent these lovely little gifts of art.


I was next on the list after Mary Ann and here is her ATC (top right) printed on canvas or textured card, top stitched, bound with washi tape. Looks great.
I love the card too.  How did you know I like cats?  Thank you so much.







Annie (Wipso) sent me a stitched ATC of course. The panel is a lovely composite of ribbon, rick-rack, embroidery stitching and colours that 'go'.

A sweet sparkly card came with Annie's thoughts about our Special Wednesdays. Thank you Annie. It was fun to arrange a swap.




 



I also arranged a swap with RosA in Sydney. Thank you for your ATC about Art, Imagination and WOYWW - they certainly all go together.

And I love the little 'Sydney' card that came too. Yes, Julia certainly started something.






I sent a small surprise packet to Jo of JoZart. She has been generous to me before so it was a pleasure to put something in the mail to her.

She sent a great ATC in black and white with a touch of bling - it reminds me a little of zentangles and looks great. She also sent a flutter of tiny butterflies, and some buttons.

Thanks Jo, for a lovely surprise.



I have resisted putting up the ATCs that I designed until they arrived in (most of) their right places. Here is a photo of the selection I made. I think everyone I mailed to received the WOYWW World Wide with the little globe die-cut. The die comes from a packet of three different globes and the stand called "Vintage Globes" and made by Fancy That.

Top: card 'sunset lagoon', and ATC called 'Gotcha'
Bottom:  ATCs 'Heart Garden', 'Silver Paws', and 'WOYWW-4 World Wide'.
A note to explain some silly Aussie humour:  'Gotcha' is about the window scene. On the wire screen there's a splat that used to be a blowfly. The wire screen is a Darkroom Door background stamp and I couldn't resist window idea. The curtains are folded washi tape, and the old Holland blind is a die-cut from Memory Box I think.

This is too late for Wednesday but I just had to get it up and visible no matter what.

Luvya,
Ros.

5 comments:

Annie said...

It's never too late Ros. So lovely to see your gorgeous ATCs. Hope you're feeling much better now and you have a great weekend.
Hugs,
A x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh, I'm glad you've posted Ros, be ause I wanted to thank you for the ATCs that arrived on Wednesday. They are fab, all of them!! Thank you so much for sending them. This ATC malarkey has been such a fab thing to do. Spread the love!!

But...and it's a really big one....why are you seeking out red flannel whatsits?? I neeeeeed to know!!
Hugs, LLJ 59 xx

JoZart said...

Super collection of ATCs Ros and you made and sent such great ones yourself. It has been fun and joy to give and to receive these visible sign of WOYWWers friendship
Jo x

Cazzy said...

Happy WOYWW!

I love your ATCs expecially the fly splat one, people don't always get my sense of humour (the Christmas Cods went down like a lead balloon), maybe I should move to Oz!

I wish I had joined in the ATC swap, maybe next time.

Cazzy x #136

Queen Lightwell said...

I do hope you saw my special brag post about the awesome ATC's you sent me...you are so very talented and I loved them all! I also love that fly splat one...I am so going to try and CASE that puppy! Very funny! :) I do hope you get to feeling better very very soon dear! ~Deeyll #123