Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

14 August, 2013

WOYWW No 219. Thanks from the Heart.

Hello again to my Friends and Followers; a very warm welcome to Jane who is a bit north of here. This strange acronym is a weekly desk-hop starting with Julia Dunnit over at the Stamping Ground.

First of all, thank you deep down to everyone who left such kind comments and care after my post on Sunday about Dixie, my dear cat now departed. Since Monday, it's rained and rained. The skies and I have wept and wondered at the disbelief.  Pumpkin, my little brown tabby cat is so bewildered about this sudden disappearance too; she's restless.

We buried the Girl in a pillow case with flowers from the garden around her - wattle, lavender, rosemary, geraniums.
Today on the desk is the making of a card for the local Vet who came to attend to Dixie. She came to the house and was so very kind to everyone here for which I am deeply thankful. A card is in order, to be delivered tomorrow.

Notice Woody's vantage point, sitting on a toilet roll core to watch me work. Resting that knee!
The card you can see is just a practice run on a piece of scrap card stock. I've used Memory Box dies for the black cat and the flowering vine. The silver embossed cat is also Memory Box - they do great silhouette cat shapes. Making this card was as much a Farewell as it is a Thank you to Camilla.

The finished product.  The photo doesn't do justice to the colours but gives the idea.

The panel is white gold card with squeezed lemonade DI blended around the edges. The vine is die-cut from gloss card coloured with alcohol inks - greens and gold.

Strangely, I feel a bit more settled....

Thank you again,
Ros.

17 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hi Ros, I've been away and have only just caught up with your sad news about Dixie ... a sad loss, for sure, for both you and Pumpkin. Such a nice thought to bury her with the flowers, including the rosemary for remembrance. The card you've made for the vet is lovely - beautiful colours and the cat die is super. Thinking of you in your sadness, hugs, Elizabeth x #61

Eliza said...

Oh Ros I am so so sorry to hear about Dixie she was such a beauty and so in charge of your office. I will miss her too. Lovely card you have created I am sure she is looking down on you and saying thanks for being such a good mum.

Hugs Eliza & Yoda 14

Lynda Norton said...

So sorry for your loss of Dixie. As another person who shares their life with pets I totally understand your sense of loss, losing a member of your family.

take the time to grieve, and take care of yourself. x

Lynda #89

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I'm ready to sob all over again...think it was the flowers you buried with her. My cats are forever hidden under various plants in my garden so it hit home....I'm so glad that making the card helped...it's strange what does, isn't it?
Anyway, sending mahoosive hugs south easterly..you should catch them soon....
Love, LLJ 60 xx

Regina Hamilton said...

Sorry to hear about your cat. The vet will love that card. happy crafting #2

susibee said...

Sorry to hear about your cat. I'm sure the vet will love your card.

Happy WOYWW. Susi #105

Di said...

Oh Dear Ros, it's all part of the process. Making the card for the loving lady who helped Dixie to the Rainbow Bridge is another little step. I've thought of you a lot the past couple of days. I feel your broken heart and just hope that time will be your friend.

Hugs, Di xx

EELS said...

Hello Ros,
So sorry to hear about your moggy, it's awful to lose a pet, breaks your heart and I feel for your other one who is at a loose end but hopefully in time the pain will ease. Love the card you made.
Take care,
Elaine

Carole M. said...

it's been a tough week I know Ros' but you're working your way through this admirably and lovely place of rest you created for your loved cat. The card for the vet is beautiful too; I especially like the touch of the vine

Carola Bartz said...

I am so sorry that you lost your cat. That is hard, and I can understand that you have been crying. Creating the card was the best thing you could do - and it turned out so lovely.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am truly sorry to read about your dearly departed little angel. I buried my last cat in my yard, too. I learned later that it was a fine-able offense if I'd been caught. Why do governments think they know more than I?

OFF MY SOAPBOX, now. That card is simply adorable. I can actually see the glimmers. Or maybe it's the tears in my eyes from reading your post. Happy WOYWW from #1.

April Story said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Our furbabies become such a big part of our families and when they pass it is very hard. I am sure your vet will very much appreciate that beautiful card. April #120

ike said...

That is such a lovely card and an awesome thought to make it for your Vet :-) I hope your pain will ease soon and am sending healing hugs through cyber space x

IKE in Greece #99

Maudieroff Roffey said...

Hi Ros - hugs - I didn't know and we all have special friends that touch us and then leave to wait for us... your thank you card is lovely. I hope you have a great week ahead - Happy WOYWW Mx #70

RosA said...

Oh yes, the card is a lovely idea, for both you and the vet. I'm sure she will appreciate it.
RosA

glitterandglue said...

The card is lovely, Ros. The vet will be thrilled - and it has helped you through this week - good one.
Margaret #69

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Ros.
So sorry to hear about Dixie. Pets add so much to our lives.

The card you made for the vet is just beautiful. I'm sure everyone in the office will love it.

Happy WOYWW
Peace,
Kay (23)