Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

09 October, 2013

CC-102 Day 2. Layered stencilling.

Day 2 of Creative Chemistry 102 with Tim Holtz.  I'm really enjoying it although I'm up warming to the activity fairly slowly having been away from both my desk and my blog for nearly two months now.

I'll post this class in bits and pieces as I tackle each of the seven techniques related to layering stencils so will take me an age to complete I think.  Hopefully I will manage it but who knows which day it will happen.  :-)

For the mixed media layering, I chose stencils that might make a rainy day composition - some dots in lines, a brass stencil of curly-cues and another brass stencil of umbrellas.

The resist effect of pale blue stencilled Distress Paint shows clearly through the darker Distress Inks.

In addition to the Distress Inks, I swiped some brushed pewter Distress Stain.  
Great course with good lesson plans, clear videos, well presented notes. Love it and glad to be back in blog land, though I still miss my Studio Muse.

2 comments:

Carole M. said...

love your finished tag Ros' - good to see you back. Understand how you miss your furry mate.

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous layering, love it ! Have a great day, Shirleyx