Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

11 October, 2013

Friday Smile. A Kings Park Family

Greetings dear friends of the Smiling Champions,

I'm so very happy to join you again. Some of you might have seen that I've been doing the Creative Chemistry 102 with Tim Holtz and it's been such a boost to my creative urge. I'm very impressed with the organisation - good lesson plans, excellent notes and videos, and great forum support. 

A week ago or so, I went to Perth for the marriage of my niece. It's some years since I've seen my family over there, since my Father died in fact, so it was such a delight to be there with them.  I stayed near Kings Park which is an immense area of parkland in central Perth. Oh my, how gorgeous it is with untouched bushland, imaginative playgrounds, restaurants both café style and formal, and botanic gardens!!!

Spring is here and the wildflowers are going crazy everywhere but Western Australia is known for its fabulous variety.  I'll post some more pictures but for now, here is one to make you smile.

The Wood Duck Family.
Hope you're all doing well, and content. No doubt it's cooling down in the northern hemisphere.

Hugs,
Ros.

9 comments:

Annie said...

It's good to see you back again. What a fab pic. I love how the little ducks have their legs stretched out behind them....soooo cute.
Hugs,
Annie x

Carole M. said...

welcome back Ros and you know how much I love your duck photo

JoZart said...

Beautiful photo and I can almost feel the down of the chicks. Amazing you are coming into Spring as we are passing through Autumn!
Jo x

Elizabeth said...

Hi Ros, so nice to see you here today. Love the photo of the ducks and ducklings. It's amusing to see how ungainly they are, they haven't yet learned to tuck their feet under them like mum does - so cute :) Thanks for giving me another reason to smile. Elizabeth xx

Angela Coles said...

sweet family of ducks

Laura said...

It's cooled down and is raining - standard British weather!
Aww to the baby ducks :)

by Gill said...

good to hear from you again Ros, great photo of the ducks

Gill x

Caro said...

Gorgeous family photo...so cute! Thanks for the smiles. Caro x (#9)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm really impressed with the Wood Duck family. I can't believe you were able to capture them like that. And of course, I liked seeing how spring looks in your part of the world, now that autumn has hit my part of the world. That truly deserves a smile.