Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

16 October, 2013

WOYWW No 228. New stamps

Greetings all,

Can't believe it's two months (plus a bit) since I was here on the Wednesday desk-hop. Thanks and thanks for the kind messages from friends - you can't know how much I appreciated your comments. Spring is certainly here and the garden is rioting. It's gorgeous, or gorgemous as my friend Jackie says, which has got to be more extremely gorgeous.

This past week I've been doing the Creative Chemistry 102 on-line course with Tim Holtz. My word, these sessions are well organised and fun to get going with. Another enjoyment has been a couple of shows - Paperific and From Picture to Page which was last weekend. I encountered a great supplier called 'Crafters Cupboard'. These folk are rare birds who import UK stuff to Australia and I was happy to see their wares which I have only seen on friends' blogs and in Craft Stamper until now.

On the desk is the beginnings of a birthday card for my friend Penny using some stamps from a set by Jo Firth-Young.

Apart from the JOFY stamps, the other interest is the Wink of Stella brush pens. Love 'em.

Thought I'd include a photo of the general melee, the cock-pit you might say.

What a riot, but there is more space and better organisation than there was a year ago.

Wizz over to Julia Dunnit to see what this desk-hopping is all about. It's the best fun. 
Dinner calls so I'll flit. Happy thoughts and lots of smiles to all,
Ros.

14 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Yay, woohoo, calloo callay....you're back!! I have missed you and your witty words, Ros :-)
Well, your desk is as much of a riot as your garden must be! Did a tornado whip through?? ;-) Who cares. you've obviously been having lots of inky fun!
Hugs, LLJ 3 xx

Karen Busby said...

Oh look at all your stamps! Such a well organised desk too. That little card is beautiful. Happy WOYWW!
Karen no.82 x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Calloo callay, oh frabjious joy..you're back! Glad to see you and your inky desk...hope you're well and happy :-)
Hugs, LLJ 3 xx

Annie said...

It's good to see you. Love the look of the card in the making :-)
Hugs,
A x # 5

Neesie said...

Well hello there Ros,
Long time no speak ;D
I've been missing from Wednesday's WOYWW for quite a while too.
Cockpit or control centre?
Whatever, it's jam packed full of creativity by the look of it.
It certainly sounds like you're having fun with those stamps!

Happy WOYWW and I'll take a look back at what I've been missing...plus get an Aussie fix whilst I'm there :D
Neesie #80

ike said...

Great that you have made your way back and I hope things are OK for you now ?!! Thank you for the Link to CC... I will go have a look at that and see if I can get stuff posted out here :-)
Thank you for letting me snoop.

Happy WOYWW228

IKE in Greece #94

Eliza said...

I thought I was at a different desk, wow this is impressive, welcome back you have been missed. Thanks for sharing and happy crafting.

Happy WOYWW
Eliza & Yoda 58

lisa said...

How lucky you are going into spring. We have really hit autumn now in the UK and it's not much fun. Love your cockpit, it's full of gorgeous things, love the JOFY stamps, I've had my eye on those for awhile!
Happy WOYWW
Hugs Lisax #110

Liz B said...

This is my first time back in 2 months too! It gets so crazy! But welcome back!

Robyn Oliver said...

Welcome back Roz, been away too and it's great to be at my desk....looks a bit like yours.. messy creative and I've just now tidied mine up, so I'm having a cuppa and visiting a few desk. Our garden/lawn's all dried up but lucky for me a neighbour watered my pots so they're looking healthy, rescued a few bromeliads from our house and potted them to see if I can revive any. Have a good week Cheers RobynO#34

Ria Gall said...

Hi Roz
I am loving the birthday card you are making but what really caught my eye was the pens you were using. I have never seen them or heard of them, is it possible next week you could show and tell us a bit more about them?
Happy WOYWW have an enjoyable week hugs Ria #22

The Taming of the Glue said...

Welcome back. How great that you've found some UK items in Aus. I forget how lucky we are over here sometimes. Love the JOFY stamps. I'm waiting to receive some as a belated birthday pressie. Can't wait to see which ones! Hugs. Pam#68

MaggieC said...

Your desk is more visible than mine. I am toying with the idea of just stuffing everything into a big box for a few weeks to give myself somewhere to actually put some of my ideas into practice. Thank you for your visit this week. I use my new motor all the time but the caravan must now wait until Spring and warmer weather arrives next year. I hope you escape the horrors of fires this time. It must be terrifying and heartbreaking. I have also been missing from the blogs for several weeks, but I am determined to get going again. See you next week, perhaps. xx Maggie #4

RosA said...

Hi Ros,
Have been wondering if you were OK. Glad to see you back at your desk! I've heard of those Wink of Stella pens. Are they really great? Better than metallic gel pens (good ones, like Sakura)?
Thanks for dropping by. You were right, just after Cuttlebugging more dies I actually used one on something!
The bushfires here are truly horrendous. We are surrounded by smoke, like the rest of Sydney. There is no wind at the moment to blow it away but that's OK by me, as the wind will only make things worse. My SIL (who lives in the Blue Mountains) has a friend who has lost her house at Winmalee. Just awful.
I would love to do that TH class online, if I could get around to it. Although I did have a real life class with him a year or so ago :)