Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

23 October, 2013

WOYWW No. 229. Two Birthday Cards

Greetings all.

Sorry I have not been to visit many peeps this week. I have had a really busy week with much of it at the desk! Talk about a pig in mud! Forgive my recalcitrance but I've spent more time creating than usual and it's been WONderful.

One little frustration I have is that I can't comment on Google + blogs. I don't want to be enmeshed in the social media. I actually feel a bit narky about the paradox of this social inclusiveness when in fact exclusion and invasion of privacy is the reality. Facebook and Google are taking over the internet world and I just want you to know that if I don't leave a message, this is why.
Karen B, you were one of the folk I wanted say hello to.

Here's the desk and the cards for my two birthday friends.  We're all out for lunch today to celebrate with them at a lovely local restaurant called The Rocks. It looks out over the yacht club, a lovely bay and a shallow beach called Mothers Beach.

And why you ask, would anyone be looking at the desk?  Well it's What On Your Workdesk Wednesday which starts over at Mrs Dunnit's Stamping Ground. Scores of us do it so go see for yourself and enjoy.

The work space: versions of JOFY inspiration, Elizabeth Kimono die, Fresco Finish paint, feature tool this week. Guess.
The feature tool (not that this is a regular thing - but it could be) is the staple remover. It's the best tool for lifting panels placed crookedly, opening stubborn packages, tweaking loose screws and on and on. I've got two or three in different places and would be lost without them.

Birthday card started last week.
A couple of people asked me about Wink of Stella brush pens. I love them to bits and have written to Zig about bringing out refills because they ain't cheap! They are the same as fillable water brushes so it would be easy to fill these, even with a syringe. The brush points are very fine and the glitter is super fine but thick enough to see easily. You can see it in this photo quite well (not that this isn't the skill of the photographer, y'know). The 'ink' in the Wink is water soluble so if I'm really quick, I can blend the colours a bit - shows well in the grass.
I think I must be feeling funny this morning.

Here's my first attempt with the Elizabeth Kimono
Very pleased with this die; it's my first Elizabeth die and works very well. The script is an old Lucy stamp which looks pleasing here. My friend Jill is very elegant so this will suit her well.

Have a great week all.
Miles of smiles,
Ros.

24 comments:

RosA said...

Hi Ros,
Well it must be the day for lunching. I've just got back (to work) from lunch with Sandra de. We try and have one every 3 or 4 months or so. And, like you, we were beside the water! Probably not as picturesque as your water, but water nevertheless!
That's interesting about those pens. Are they a lot "better" than painting with H2Os? Is the colour more concentrated?
No WOYWW this week. I can do lunch or WOYWW, not both :)

Maisie Moonshine said...

Gorgeous projects Ros I love them both. Have a good week. MMx #36

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Ros doing this on my mobile u need to go into settings an tick the box to allow mobile view lv both cards the shiny paint sounds fun, an agree on comments re yr neighbours being prepared for fires so important, am in town an mostly ok, happy WOYWW, Shaz in Oz.x #16

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Hi there Ros! Thanks for dropping by so early :-)
Glad you've been out gadding and enjoying yourself...there's nothing better than a lunch out with mates! Loving bth your cards today but especially the kimono one..I do like the cool elegance of it!
I hooted at the thought of a cow with a musket! I bet I look like that when I realise that I've done something stupid. Mothers have a way of getting straight to the point....... ;-)
Hugs, LLJ 7 xx

Annie said...

Love your cards Ros. I think we all have a fav tool/toy....mine just has to be my little pink snips [I have lots of pairs so I should have one at every machine I use]. My life just wouldn't be the same without them lol
Hugs,
A x # 62

Neet said...

Fabulous cards - love the colouring on the birthday card started last week.
The restaurant sounds lovely, nothing like being "ladies who lunch".
Thanks for sharing - Hugs, Neet 24 xx

Eliza said...

Lovely cards Ros and yes I agree with you on the staple remover they are also good for opening cans. Now you have been lunching in some really beautiful places.

Hugs Eliza & Yoda 13
Happy WOYWW

Krisha said...

Stunning cards, love both of them.
Thanks for the earlier visit.
Krisha #44

lisa said...

I'm thought it was just me who didn't like the google+ blogs, Ros, I know exactly what you mean and it's so frustrating that you can't just leave a comment and go on your merry way isn't it!!
Love the JOFY cards and the wink pens look amazing. I've seen them but they are soooo expensive aren't they!
Hugs Liasx #56

Shaz Brooks said...

Gorgeous cards Ros, and I love the glittery stems. Have to look into those pens.I do think asian themed cards always look elegant. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #34 xx

Jackie said...

Lovely busy desk with some nice fresco paints there ready to use
Jackie 42

trisha too said...

PRETTY cards, Ros--that kimono die, never would have thought it was a cut out, I would have figured it for a stamp!

Thank you for stopping by this WOYWW, I appreciate you visit and your congrats!!
:)trisha
#32 this week
with happy mail

Twiglet said...

Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog. I love your kimono card - so classy! x Jo

Karen Ives said...

Love what you have done with the JoFy stamps. Glad you were able to comment this week, thank you for visiting.
Karen #54

Julia Dunnit said...

Ooh those Wink brushes are just amazing..I would like to see them here. Hope you've had a lovely lunch, am in no doubt that the girls will have loved their cards. Once again, loving your blending technique on the JoFy cards.

Darnell J Knauss said...

Lovey post and cards, Ros! I, too, am always grabbing my staple remover "pen" for odd jobs! And I have just gotten some WoS pens and totally love them, too. You did a great job capturing the shine on your photo - that isn't easy to do! It would be fab if they listened to you and came out with refills, so thank you on behalf of us all!! Your kimono card is also stunning!

Happy WOYWW! Hope you have a great lunch and have a wonderful week! Thanks for stopping by to visit me! Darnell #12

Donna Wheat said...

love your cards, particularly the butterfly one, and the wink of stella brushes really give it a lift Donna #52

Robin Spitzer said...

Ros!!!! Your butterfly card is stunning!!!!!

I just love it!

Hugs, Robin 23

butlersabroad said...

Beautiful cards Ros, never heard of those Wink pens but you do fabulous work with them. Happy to hear you've been crafting a lot, and you're right about the hibernation gene and knitting! And as soon as the clocks go back in early November I'll get in from work and immediately put my pj's on, snuggle on the couch with the fire on and knit away!

Hugs
Brenda 1

Spyder said...

Love the cards you've created have a crafty week Happy WOYWW
((Lyn))) #59

The Taming of the Glue said...

Really elegant oriental card, the die is gorgeous. Love the butterfly cards. Hugs. Pam#38

glitterandglue said...

Hello Ros. What beautiful cards - well done.
Have a great week.
Margaret #64

Buttons said...

I do love your cards Ros. Those JOFY ones are a real treat. Jenny x

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful cards, especially the top I love those whimsical images, the background is great with it. The bottom one is elegant with the black & silver. Cheers, Shirleyx