Creative ideas come "out of the wild" growing like yeast. Enjoy a meander around my creative pursuits - art printing with stamps, sketching, photography, baking, gardening...

12 December, 2013

WOYWW No. 236 Christmas: on the Home Run

Greetings WOYWW-ers and followers. The finger surgery has been quite a success thank goodness however it has slowed me down a bit. I'll show some before and after pics in another post. Sorry I haven't been to visit so many blog friends for so long but typing has been a challenge. Thank you for your comments and messages - really appreciate them very much indeed.

Now to the desk - in case you're not familiar with the weekly What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday, follow this link to Julia Dunnit's Stamping Ground and find out all about it.

I've been beavering away at the Eastern Yellow cards and we raised about $500 for our group - very pleasing. I've also been pushing along with my own Christmas cards which you can see this week - they're still on the desk.

I have packets of ten finished cards on the left. The trimmed panels, Liquid Pearls, inks and stamps in use (and some not).
I've made a much simpler card than last year using a Kraft card panel stamped with VersaMagic and embossed with white powder in which I mixed a tiny amount of Judikins Aegean Silver for subtle sparkle. The Hero Arts tree stamp is dotted with Liquid Pearls in two different colour-ways.

This is the first colour combination - red and three different greens.
This is the other colour combination - purple is the dark note with pale green, lemon and orange.
I've added two different grasses at the base of the tree and some white ribbon printed with VersaCraft ink - I only have black. I tried Colorbox Crafter's in red and green but it bleeds on the ribbon like everything else. Wasted my cash on it really.

Cheery smiles to all,
Ros.

12 comments:

Darnell J Knauss said...

Cough, this is a much SIMPLER card, Ros?! Holy wow, woman, this is a ton of work compared to what I call simple! And, not surprisingly, it shows and the results are breathtaking!!

I have just read below (sorry, I've been missing your posts) about your finger. Poor you. I'm glad to hear that it is healing well.

And I saw, too, the very sad news about the Blackbird family. You may not have seen that a similar thing happened to me last spring. I had been like a schoolgirl happily posting about my little bird family, with photos to share. Then I went out to lunch one day, came home, climbed on the bench to check on them and they were all gone. About the same age as your babies, but there was not hide nor feather of any of them (four or five), nor any bits of nest or feathers about the ground! It broke my heart, but also left me with this huge mystery of why there was not one shred of evidence of the carnage. And the nest was tucked in a planter up under the eave, so whatever it was had to do some gyrations to get at them. Nature can be strange as well as cruel.

On that happy note, ta-ta! I am still working on my Christmas cards, which somehow aren't magically making themselves!! Continued good healing! Hugs, Darnell

Carole M. said...

well done on the robin cards Ros, and love your tree-of-life cards with all the jewels on; so effective. Best wishes

Annie said...

So glad to hear your finger is doing well. I really love your 'simple!' card....how clever.
Hugs,
A x # 41

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Glad you're on the mend, Ros! You just don't realise how much a part of your body does until there's something wrong. And then every minut movement becomes apparent! Wishing you even swifter healing.
I LOVE that tree card...so gorgeous, especially with the red and green baubles. Yum!
Hugs, LLJ 43 xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful card, I love that tree image and the liquid pearl dots sets it off very well. Thanks for your kind words at my blog, it's appreciated. Take good care and enjoy the season! Shirleyx

glitterandglue said...

What beautiful cards, Ros. If this is simple, I don't think I could cope with seeing complicated:-)
Have a great week.
Margaret #65

Zue said...

Your Christmas card design is really beautiful and I love the simplicity of it.
Thanks for your comment! I am fine thanks!
Hope you had a wonderful Chrstmas, Ros!
Happy Boxing Day and I wish you all good things for 2014
Sue xxxx

Ballie (Bennarda) said...

What a beautiful card, I love that tree.I,m follow you, nice you follow my.
Ballie (Bennarda)

http://balliescreationballie.blogspot.com

MaggieC said...

If that is simple, then I am thoroughly ashamed of my Christmas cards. Your trees are so beautiful. They may qualify as Less Is More, but nit simple. I too have missed a lot of blogging time, but I hope I am back full time now. Thank you for your visit today and I am glad you liked what you saw. Hope you continue to heal well and have a good year. xx Maggie

RosA said...

Hi Ros

How are you? Is your finger mending OK? I do hope so. I know that if I wasn't feeling well, the blog would be the first thing to go :)
Love your tree stamp and I might have to add that to my "need" list :) I can see that it could be very versatile.

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Ros !
Surprise !!!! You won my little stash of blog candy, so it's going all the way to Australia! I have an email address that came with your comment (to my email inbox I'll write you, hopefully it's the correct one so I can get your address. If I don't hear back from you I'll come back here. Talk soon & congratulations! Shirleyx

Dr Sonia S V said...

Ros your tree looks awesome and such clean stmaping on the ribbon
Cheers from India
Dr Sonia